re-intro - hi everyone!

Erica1989

Hi all.
I joined over a year ago, and I haven't been around for probably a little under a year, I figured I better introduce myself again!

I live in FL, I work for a no kill animal shelter, as a vet tech. I love every minute of what I do, I recently accepted a new job as the head tech, leaving another shelter - it was one of the best decisions I ever made. I foster way too many animals, and have 1 dog, 5 cats, and a fish of my own. I take way too many pictures of my animals.... =]

Here's my 'family'

Casey - he's a little over 2 now, and a corgi/terrier (either jack or rat probably) mix. He's crazy, but I love him.

My "kitten", Carleigh. She just turned a year in early December. She's a nut.

She spends too much time with the dog(s)

...more

Erica1989

Tillie - my 14 year old lady. She's the queen of the house! We adopted her as a little baby up in Illinois.

Tonka is about 5 now. I bottle fed him after Hurrican Katrina, and he's been here since.

...more

Erica1989

Smokey was a feral that showed up at our front door when we first moved to FL. He's about 7-8 now... he's still shy, but such a sweet boy with us.

Sammy is about 9 or 10 now I think. He showed up on our roof one morning... and after we made every attempt to find his family, he ended up staying. He's the guard cat - always at the front door when people come in, such a ham in front of the camera too....

...more

Erica1989

And the current fosters.

Hope is crazy, one of those not really adoptable cats - unless to the right home. She'll stay here until we find someone equally crazy to put up with her. She sleeps in bed with me every night.

Ben is a 4-5 year old Aussie. He came with a rescue of dogs we pulled from Georgia. At first, I was just treating a pretty bad infection in his foot - now we're dealing with some of the worst seperation anxiety I've dealt with. He's also 1/2 deaf.

Erica1989

(last one!)

Bailey is my junk yard pup. We're still trying to find the rest of his litter. Mom(s) and dad(s) are a pack of feral dogs we're trying to catch a few cities up. They hang out in a junk yard, and the grocery store employees leave food out for them. Every so often they give us some pups - we keep an eye out and grab them when we can. He's actually very social for his history.

I'll share more pictures in the photo section =]

T

tessa_s212

Welcome back! I remember you. :) I too recently just came back.

I'm actually visiting FL right now, though no where close to you. I absolutely applaud and appreciate the work you do for the animals. In just over a year's time, I hope to be in the almost identical position. Have to finish school first. And cannot wait until I can foster dogs.

So welcome! Can't wait to hear more from you on the forums! :)

Members online

No members online now.