Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Grooming Forum

Old 12-31-2008, 09:33 AM
Salty Sea Dog

angel eyes comes HIGHLY reccomended by the crestie community.

tums aparently help but nothing works as well as the angel eyes. while its expensive 1 bottle lasts a long time because dosage is small (and once the staining has gone a 1/2 dose helps keep it away while saving money!)

i plan on getting a bottle for ruby because shes white and has horrible tear staining.

diamond eyes and #1 whitening systems (by petedge) also come reccomended but again nothing as highly as angel eyes)

the other suggestion is to check your dogs food and treats, make sure theres no red dye or beet in anything the dog eats, beet seems to be a big cause of staining.tetracyclin works well for clearing up tear staining caused by red yeast bacteria but i dont like using antibiotics without REAL need because of the risks of resistant strains developing...

if its red yeast bacterial build up its not actually the tears that are causing the staining, its the bacteria that builds in the moisture so you have to keep the area dry.

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 12-31-2008, 05:39 PM
Top Dog

Peanut gets pretty nasty tear stains. I have tried multiple products on it. Its funny, cause back when we were feeding crappy food (Beneful) his eyes were perfect, no tear stains at all. And when we switched to Kirland, his tear stains got bad.