Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 12-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Trust me. I had a picky eater....that I created. Yes, I created a complete monster.
You're not the only one.... I don't know how many of my clients accidently teach their dogs not to eat their kibble. It's true that a dog will not eat as much if he doesn't like his food.... My dog used to skip meals often (she went as much as 4 days without eating, and she's a chihuahua) on the first brand of food I had her on, and after about 6 months I switched brands. On the second brand I don't recall that she ever skipped a meal. BUT, I switched brands because I wanted to upgrade to a better brand, not because I felt sorry for her for not eating. Dogs will not starve themselves. If she doesn't like the food she might decide not to eat it.... but if you make the food more enticing after she decides not to eat it, you will be teaching her not to eat the plain kibble.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:32 AM
koda bear

I know Im probably going to get jumped on for this one but i have always free fed my sibes and they are at appropriate weight koda is 44 pounds and kio has gotta be over that because he is much heavier he hasent been in to the vet in a while. But the point is i think its what ever works for her some people feed a few times a day some people, free feed, trust me the puppy will eat both of mine were not not interested in food at all for the first few days it takes a while. But they will get into the swing of things.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Top Dog

We used to feed our boxer Purina Pro Plan, then we switched to Pedigree, and now we feed him Blue Wilderness from Blue Buffalo. It is high in protein which means there is a lot of meat content. The other foods just had too many by-products and animal fats.