Baby Texas*many pics*....

....is not so much a baby anymore. It feels like yesterday that he was the cute little 5 month old colt dubbed 'stilts' by his long legs.

He is really growing into himself, and everyday now...I see more and more of his 'adult' side. He turns three this May.

Tex as a yearling, summer of 2007:

and now at two and a half years...Complete with a fuzzy winter coat(and a crazy 'hair do'):

more coming.....

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Oh wow, he's purdy! I LOVE his color, he's all black and brown and white all over!

This is a nice shot:

Thank you everyone:). I am definitely happy with how he is turning out.

Sizzledog, I love that shot as well. He has quite the 'furry' head this time of year, so any shots that don't make him look like a wolly mammoth is a plus!!

ETA: His head during the summer, minus the coat:

His winter coat doubles its size, LOL

Criosphynx, He is a Quarter Horse.

His breeding is primarly Docs Malbec(Doc Bar x Isla Tivio), and Zippo Pine Bar(like many QH's...). He definitely is taking after his maternal grandfather, Docs Malbec, very athletically built, and talented.

Here is his pedigree:

Zip To Sonny Texas

what a cool looking horse! love how his black head merges with the brown on him, such cool markings!!
Thank you! He definitely has a very rich coloring to him. I wish I had the photo still of him at 3 months, he was a very red bay. He has since turned a little more dark, which is alright with me...I like darker bays!

Thought I would throw in a few recent pics of the other two, taken a week ago or so.

Charlie, he looks like such a goof when he is just standing around:

Taylor, she is fitting in quite well.

Dekka

Just try me..
I love the pics. But the ones with him in a 'winter' coat made me laugh. Have you seen my woolly yaks? hehehe

So, pretty!! And shiny, even with his fuzzy winter coat...still shiny.
Thank you! He is a shiny boy. He is normally on Omega Horseshine, but has been off of it for the last two months. I do think it helps, I am starting all the horses up on it again January 1st, so it has time to get in their systems well before their summer coats start to come in.

I love the pics. But the ones with him in a 'winter' coat made me laugh. Have you seen my woolly yaks? hehehe
LOL, I will admit that Texas's winter coat seems to be centered around his head this year. It looks twice it's size, and makes him look like he is trying to grow a beard(I much prefer him during the summer, as pictured above). He normally grows a pretty good winter coat, but I have been blanketing him, which helps.

I do have to say though....you have some of the prettiest woolly yaks around:)

I'm in love with this horse. That is all. <3
I can guarantee, Tex would probably love you too;)! He is the only horse I know to trot all the way up the pasture when he sees you coming.

Members online

No members online now.