Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 12-25-2008, 05:58 AM
Top Dog

Default We Did It!

Argon is now a raw dog. His first meal was Tues, and it was a single Chicken quarter (he had had kibble in the morning). He was a bit confused, and unsure of how to chew it, but I cut small pieces so they were dangling off the bone, but he still needed to pull and that helped.
Yesterday it was two chicken quarters and I only needed to break the meat up slightly with my fingers. He ate both joyously.
I worried a bit about splintering/choking, even though logically I know neither will happen, but that's just the overprotective mommy in me I guess.
Hopefully things will continue to go well!
Old 12-25-2008, 11:10 PM
Top Dog

I know what you mean about being nervous when first feeding chicken, bones and all. We switched Molly to raw in Oct. and the transition has been great. No problems and she eats happily compared to when I had to put fish oil on her expensive kibble to get her to eat it.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:38 PM
Walks into Mordor

Good job! Yeah, the first few feedings are always a little confusing. It took my boys a few tries to figure out how to eat raw properly.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:40 PM
Active Pup

Great job! The raw diet is obviously far more natural and healthy esp in light of the ongoing recalls! My boys love raw heart mince and chicken, although I do steam the vegetables