Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 12-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Resident fainting goat

im guilty of it, lol when i got my first dog. i was reading the label on the royal canin breed specific labrador food and they just made it sound so good. so i bought it, and my dog did HORRIBLY so she went back to wellness

a friend of mine got the min pin royal canine, and the coker spaniel one
only to discover that both foods are EXACTLY the same lol
Old 12-15-2008, 11:05 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleDog View Post
But since Ada recently told me that her tummy does funky things on EVO, we're going to get a small bag of Innova RM for her. Mwaha, I found a way to get the Doberman bag, woohoo!
For the one non-doberman in your household,

I don't know if it is "Breed specific" or just a coincidence, but a lot of the borzoi people I know say their dogs do better on red meat. I know mine does. There are also certain supplements that have the effect of making many borzoi's blow their coats, when it does amazing things for other dogs (the ones I know personally happen to be beagles and collies).

There may be something to it. Filas are adapted to handling spicy chiles and things that would have any other dog clearing a room. No dog food company has ever put in the time and research to develop something that they could say, definitely, has an edge to it for one specific breed..except possibly Eagle Pack's large breed dog food and great danes. They actually did multi generational feeding tests with that food to perfect their large breed formula, and were pretty successful with it too. They don't advertise it as breed specific though, just large breed.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:10 PM
Top Dog

I have met several people who were gullible enough to buy the same crappy ingredients they were feeding their dogs, but in more expensive form (Royal Canin, Eukanuba). I feed Kirkland Signature, and like it. And its inexpensive, and my dogs do great on it. So little people actually know about it, so I try and talk to people when I go to the dog park about it.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:24 AM
Big Dog

my pit bull has tried them all. He hasn't really had digestive issues with most of them. He did throw up a few times on Nutro, but other than that he hasn't really had problems. But he has had allergy problems with a few of the foods. Right now he's on Taste of the Wild and hasn't had any problems.