Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Show Dog

Thank's for sharing this Renee... all owner's need's this info

While many Pit Bulls do tend to be aggressive towards other DOGS (as are most terriers), the normal, well raised Pit Bull has NO human-aggressive tendencies! In fact, human-aggression was actually bred out of the breed.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Big Dog

How do you stay slilent when they are asking questions? Do you say "I'm choosing to remain silent" or "I don't wish to answer any questions" or do you just stand there sliently until they get annoyed that you haven't responed.

I can see the whole scenario in my head with the ACO's knocking on the door. You go outside, lock your door, and ask them who they are and what the want. Usually you'll use the line of "how can I help you officer", even though you could care less about helping them and just wished they would go away. And I can visualize the whole "can we come inside", "no", "why can't we come inside?", "you'll need a warrent" scenario.

But how exactly would you stay slient to any questions being asked??
Old 12-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Felurian

The answer to all questions is "I'll talk to you in the presence of my attorney." Once you've expressed your desire to have an attorney present they are supposed to stop asking. They'll push it, of course, but hold your ground and remind them that you've stated you won't be talking to them without an attorney.

If they push it, then you KNOW you need to shut up and get that attorney!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Top Dog

My husband who is trained in law enforcements says to just keep repeating....

"nows not a good time" over and over... If they keep talking you can say "I think its time for you to leave" and then shut the door...

he says any mention of search warrants, lawyers or your rights will just make you look more suspicious.

You obviously CAN say those things but it just makes you look guilty....
Old 12-08-2008, 12:26 PM
Show Dog

another circumstance where a small hand held video camera could come in handy

Not only getting names and organizations, but showing exactly what was said by all parties including you requesting the presence of an attorney. You don't want it to be a case of your word against theirs'. Unfortunately they don't have to do much to prove their point, but you will have to do a lot to prove your innocence
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, and your dog. You are his life, his love, and his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion....." Author Unknown
Old 12-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criosphynx View Post
My husband who is trained in law enforcements says to just keep repeating....

"nows not a good time" over and over... If they keep talking you can say "I think its time for you to leave" and then shut the door...

he says any mention of search warrants, lawyers or your rights will just make you look more suspicious.
^^^ Exactly what my father would have advised (R.I.P., Daddy). He was a retired judge.

He would have advised to avoid any mention yourself of warrants, attorneys, or your rights. You already know your rights and so do they when they knock on your door. One of your rights is that you are not compelled to make ANY comments while not under oath .... and it is safer to NOT be confrontational at the door, no matter what your feelings may be at the time.

Forget your "feelings" for that moment ... because if you say the wrong thing you can guarantee it will be used against you later. Just keep calmly repeating that's it's not a good time right now ... as if you were a tape recorder on loop. He would have advised to "play dumb" and save any talk of rights, warrrants, and attorneys until AFTER you have already consulted with an attorney.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:24 PM
Felurian

Make no mistake, if they are there, it's 99% certain they've already decided you are at least under suspicion, if not downright guilty, unless they want to question you about someone else, and even then it's no guarantee you aren't under scrutiny. Less said the better, at least until you've got professional counsel to guide you through and keep 'em as honest as possible.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
unless they want to question you about someone else, and even then it's no guarantee you aren't under scrutiny.
And you really don't want to throw someone else under a bus undeservedly. If you knew something and felt it deserved AC intervention, you would have called them.

Don't forget your handy dandy public servant questionnaire

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 12-08-2008, 02:24 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamutt99 View Post
Mahahaha! This is the post that got me banned from the Petfinder forum the first time. It's hot, scary information, folks! Soak it up.
Are. You. Serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlerubyallie View Post
Thank you, Renee. Everyone should know their rights as a dog owner.
Ditto this. And thanks for FWing it to Renee, Gamedog!
Old 12-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Dafuq?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
Are. You. Serious.
As. A. Heart. Attack.

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...