Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-23-2008, 05:52 PM
fwed fwed is offline
Puppy Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 52
Default my dog ate chocolate, now what?

Hi, I have a 10lb terrier, I got done eating a macdonalds Hot fudge sundae and i was all done, there was a little bit of ice cream on the sides as well as some sticky peices of fudge on the side, and my dog got into it and started licking it, he licked it for maybe 25 seconds or so....so should I be worreid? is that enough to make him sick? what should I do?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-23-2008, 05:56 PM
bubbatd's Avatar
bubbatd bubbatd is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 64,812
Default

I doubt if there was enough to worry about .
__________________
A light for all who are crossing dark times.


http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-23-2008, 06:40 PM
Renee750il's Avatar
Renee750il Renee750il is offline
Felurian
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Where the selas blooms
Posts: 94,266
Default

There shouldn't have been enough there to hurt him
__________________
In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves. ~Buddha

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.


There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.


Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Zoom's Avatar
Zoom Zoom is offline
Twin 2.0
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 40,729
Default

He'll be fine.

For contrast, my 77lb lab ate 5lbs of See's chocolate and while hyper as all hell for a day or so, she was fine.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-23-2008, 07:56 PM
dogaddict dogaddict is offline
Puppy Dog
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 30
Default

My dog has done the EXACT same thing with my macs sundae leftovers, I was so worried but he was perfectly fine. I hope yours will be too! I called my vet who said the chocolate content was too little to do any harm, but just monitor him for a couple of days and see how it goes.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-23-2008, 08:15 PM
Fran101's Avatar
Fran101 Fran101 is offline
Resident fainting goat
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 12,272
Default

my friends mastiff ate an entire chocolate bunny. she took him to the vet but it all turned out fine, he just had an upset tummy
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-23-2008, 08:51 PM
vanillasugar's Avatar
vanillasugar vanillasugar is offline
just call me Nilly
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Peterborough, Ontario
Posts: 6,829
Default

I would be SHOCKED if hot fudge from McDonalds had any actual cocoa in it. I would not worry in the least.

It's cocoa that's toxic, and most milk or processed chocolate has little to no cocoa in it, which means the toxicity is little to none.
__________________




Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site