Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 11-19-2008, 02:55 PM
Aroooooo!

Default The dogs finally have a yard again

It's been such a hectic few weeks, I haven't has much time to keep up with the yard. Half of it was overgrown, and the other half was all dead. So my dad came over this past weekend, and we spent a good 4-6 hours making sure the yard was clean, cut, and fun for the dogs. Do you think they'll be happy?

View from the patio

View to the south. (Dont mind the empty gazebo, all our patio furniture was on the patio while we cleaned)

Some of Chance's lovely holes he dug. We filled them with top soil and then seeded them. SO FAR Chance has left them alone lol. I hope he continues to leave them alone, because the soil is DARK.

And just for fun, this is what we did to the front. That bush under the dead tree was growing OVER the block wall. The grass was not edged, and ALL the leaves from that dead tree were EVERYWHERE! I also cleaned some oil spills off the driveway, that silly homeowners association wanted them gone lol

Nothin like a little fall cleanin!

"Be it through intention or ignorance, our successes and our failures have been brought on by none other than ourselves." The art of racing in the rain.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:18 PM
Top Dog

Looks like a nice safe and secure back yard for lucky dogs !! Kudos on the clean up !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 11-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Aroooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd View Post
Looks like a nice safe and secure back yard for lucky dogs !! Kudos on the clean up !
Thanks! It took a LOT of effort, SOOOOOO much stuffed animal stuffing to clean up, lol. But they are happy back there and the grass is coming back in!

"Be it through intention or ignorance, our successes and our failures have been brought on by none other than ourselves." The art of racing in the rain.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:42 PM
I'm All Ears

Chance is so silly!
Old 11-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Aroooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Chance is so silly!
lol that he is. He only started digging like a month ago. He wasn't getting as much stimulation and exercise. I have been making sure to tire the dogs out every single day to avoid such destruction lol.

Old 11-19-2008, 03:50 PM
I'm All Ears

Our shepherd was notorious for digging. He'd dig anything he could find- flower beds, flower pots, my sandbox.... Our yard was always full of holes if you left him outside for more than a minute.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:52 PM
Aroooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Our shepherd was notorious for digging. He'd dig anything he could find- flower beds, flower pots, my sandbox.... Our yard was always full of holes if you left him outside for more than a minute.
haha yeah Chance loves it. But he doesnt dig to dig, he digs to find rocks... he has unearthed and brought inside countless LARGE rocks. Like if you dropped them on your foot you'd break a toe or two type rocks!

Old 11-19-2008, 05:26 PM
Top Dog

We did fall cleanup too! We still have a bunch of branches that are currently in our unused pool. We are waiting for the garbage clean up to come in January so we can throw those out.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:26 PM
Aroooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkygirl0101 View Post
We did fall cleanup too! We still have a bunch of branches that are currently in our unused pool. We are waiting for the garbage clean up to come in January so we can throw those out.
Ohh I bet my garbage man hated me this morning. My garbage pail was like 200 lbs. DEF over the limit, but what did he expect me to do with it?!?! lol