Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 11-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Aging Canine Advocate

seriously - if my vet told me iams/puke-ina/yukanuba were good foods... I'd change vets. If he wasn't up to date on the latest nutritional needs for my pet - what else is he deficient in?
Popper's Agility T-Shirts - dog agility, flyball, disc dog, and other dog sports, including breed specific gifts.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:53 PM
Top Dog

Good luck finding a vet who knows anything about food.... If you have one now, don't move away!
Old 11-09-2008, 12:39 AM
Big Dog

All the vets I've seen sell eukanuba/science diet/iams (maybe not iams anymore). If I quit every vet that thought those were good foods I wouldn't have any left to go to. lol
Old 11-09-2008, 08:12 AM
Aging Canine Advocate

i actually have two vets I go to (one when I cant get into the other) that are very knowledgeable about pet foods and do NOT recommend the crap foods to anyone.
Popper's Agility T-Shirts - dog agility, flyball, disc dog, and other dog sports, including breed specific gifts.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Big Dog

I think your vets might be the exception to the rule. Then again I've only been to about 3 or 4 vets here. Just going by what I've read from others though. If I switched vets because of that I'd have to drive an hour or more. There aren't a whole of of choices out here in the sticks.