Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 10-26-2008, 11:24 AM
Lord Cynical

Bad ear crops tick me off so much - if you can't have it done right, don't have it done at all. And one of the only ways to get a good crop is to go with a good breeder. People ask where my dogs' ears were cropped... I tell them the cropper was flown in from Montana by the breeder.

I know a few dogs with crops that aren't horrible, but IMO nothing comes close to a cropping job done by a cropping vet who works with show dogs.

But, I think a lot of these casting agencies don't know what to look for in a good Doberman - or any dog, for that matter. Seems that some are well bred, but a lot are nothing better than you'd find in a pet shop. This in turn makes the public think, 'oh, my lab Max looks just like that dog on XYZ tv show, he *must* be purty enough to breed!' (o a side note - CM seems to like to breed his pit bull Daddy - does that dog have any titles whatsoever?)

It scares me when I see the ads for Cottonelle - how many yellow lab litters must be produced to keep peoples' brains focused on toilet paper.... eesh.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 10-26-2008, 02:16 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleDog View Post
It scares me when I see the ads for Cottonelle - how many yellow lab litters must be produced to keep peoples' brains focused on toilet paper.... eesh.
I know, right?

At least Disney made a good move by promoting the idea of adoption versus buying in that last movie. I haven't seen it, but apparently they added a public service announcement at the end of that chihuahua movie... which is god since movies like that seem to create a boom of whatever breed is portrayed.