Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-17-2005, 08:22 PM
chowchow

Now winter I cant get Princess inside, colder it is outside the more she loves it. I have a feeling Gracie will be the same way.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:08 AM
Top Dog

Oh, I bet! My Lab loved the snow and cold too. She's roll around and just lie right down it it. The dogs I have now (2 Chihuahuas and a Doberman) are not very cut out for too much cold and it can get 30 below zero for a short time here. And there's normally lots of snow and below freezing. But on our walks/runs, the dogs stay warm, plus they have coats if it gets below about 17 degrees F. Otherwise, standing around in one place, they can't take. Your dogs look soooooo cozy for cold weather Becca. They probably get too hot in a warm house, don't they.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:34 AM
chowchow

I have the air on all the time. Gracie has all the fur and she can take the heat much better, but she's not afraid to sit or lay in the pool. Princess is short hair and black and she cant take it one bit. I dont even walk her in the evenings unless it's very cool. She just cant handle it at all.