Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 10-18-2008, 07:45 AM
Top Dog

Default Stinky Puss.

My cat has the stinkiest poop in the entire world. Literally, I used to work with cats at the shelter, and all 30 of them could not create overnight the stench he does with 1 BM. It can make your eyes water.
He eats Innova "Before Grain". His poops are solid and normal, but they are so stinky! Is there anything I can do to reduce the odor? He uses pine litter, which realy cut down on the pee smell, but he refuses to bury his poops, so not much helps there. I scoop his poops as soon as I smell them (which is about 10 seconds after he goes). Any advice?
Old 10-18-2008, 09:15 AM
Love my pets

One of my cats won't bury his poop or pee either. I just know when I smell it, I get the pooper scooper out.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:33 AM
Top Dog

You said Innova "Before Grain", do you mean you feed both or did you mix up the brand, as far as I know innova does not have a food with that name and "Before Grain" is made by Merrick.

Anyways, Willie had pretty good poop on Felidae (Neko's was perfect, Neko has amazing poop, yes I know I'm weird ) but when Felidae changed I switched to "Before Grain". After two months or so I knew all transition problems ere over and what I saw was what I was getting. Willie's poop became loose and SMELLY. Neko's became larger, not really smellier but a little bit looser. Both cats began to shed more which was strange since usually Willie never shed a hair.

So I switched to California Natural. Everyone's poops are back like they were on Felidae and no smell unless you get real close to the box. Shedding is still a little more than I like but we'll see, it's still a little early to be sure, I'll have to brush them and see how much I get. I will say it is less than on BG though.

We decided that maybe the potatoes in the PG (put there instead of grains) was not agreeing with my cats, unfortunately that took out most grain free foods. I also did not want fish in their food, so California Natural was the way to go and I'm very happy with it thus far.

Perhaps you cats don't do well on potatoes either, has he ever been on another food that he had good poops on? Did it contain potatoes?

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 10-18-2008, 06:24 PM
Bored Now.

Re-train him to use the toilet.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:32 PM
Top Dog

It is Innova, but not "Before Grain." I confused Grain-free with the actual name. He has only been on it a few weeks, but he has always had stinkier than normal poops.
Noludoru- LOL! But I only want one butt on my toilet, and it better be mine!