Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-13-2004, 09:27 AM
Big Dog

Default We might be fostering!

So, on Fri night after hubby's Christmas party, we went to the bar (hadn't been there in centuries!!) and we ran into one of my clients from the salon. He is middle aged with 2 mini daschunds (sp), 8 and 9 yrs old, that are his absolute babies. Well, in the new year he is planning to move to a nearby city, but can't find pet friendly housing in his price range. Greg went out for a cigarette, and I went to join him, and they told me the situation. My client knew I'd say yes, but that Greg would have to agree, so he asked him first! I was very proud of my hubby, as he didn't even hesitate. He said he would never see this guy have to give up his dogs when we have room for them!
Old 12-13-2004, 11:48 AM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

That is so nice of you both to take his dogs for him. I bet he was very relieved.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:53 AM
Big Dog

Well, Greg knows how bad I want to foster so this will be a good opportunity to give it a try. Now, I've never had a small dog around, so any advice, especially from multi-size dog homes, would be great! Luckily, I know the girls will welcome them...They love their doggy buddies and have always shared their toys and space with any dog that's come to visit (even the humpy boy dogs!).
Old 12-13-2004, 05:06 PM
Felurian

That's great of you!

Dachsies aren't typical small dogs. Most people don't realize they are big dogs in low-rider bodies. Remember, they were bred to hunt badgers and follow their quarry underground! They're good natured, loyal, affectionate, playful and can be stubborn (they'd have to be to hunt badger!) and you should have a wonderful time with them.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-14-2004, 07:45 AM
We are Home.

if you want to foster in the future id foster greyhounds for the rescues in your areas i do it and i love them they are all great id be suprised if you find one you dont like. and you dont need a big yard like most ppl think all they want to do all day is sleep if you wanna talk about this you can send me a message. but if you like big dogs id do them because they are so lazy and its funny to see them when they first get into your house because they have never been on a house before.

breeze

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie