Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 10-02-2008, 07:32 PM
~Lisa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodelDogs View Post
I just clicked the link and it leads to a brindle dog. Is that the dog you mean or was the pic changed?
nope that is the dog.

That is why i was so shocked she kept insisitng he was a purebred rotti. offcourse he could have some rotti, but he is not a PB rotti. She only thinks he is because he plays like her sons rottis do. She is a idiot, not just becuase of this. but other things she says and oes at the dog park. lol I cant stand her as you can tell. She once yelled at me saying she would never allow her dog to be so vocal (Blaze is very vocal at the dog park, when he plays and runs he barks and makes lots of noise) so she is always rude to me becuase of it.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:33 PM
~Lisa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnwalker2 View Post
I'm thinking maybe Catahoula or Plott Hound in there somewhere to get that coloring.
Maybe. but those are veryyyyyyyyy rare for this area. so I doubt it.

Somthing with brindle in its hearatige. staffy or pit maybe. who knows
Old 10-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Irritate with Caution!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankstar View Post
Maybe. but those are veryyyyyyyyy rare for this area. so I doubt it.

Somthing with brindle in its hearatige. staffy or pit maybe. who knows
If there is any Pitty in there, they may not want to draw attention to it because of our wonderful BS, I mean BSL.

Though, I have to say she's a rather unusual colored "Rottie" LOL
Old 10-03-2008, 07:09 AM
~Lisa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLeigh View Post
If there is any Pitty in there, they may not want to draw attention to it because of our wonderful BS, I mean BSL.

Though, I have to say she's a rather unusual colored "Rottie" LOL
I agree if there is staffy or pitbull they may not want to say becuase os that bull **** law we have. But its very possible. you still see many staffy pit mix puppies being sold on places like kijiji and craigslist.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Top Dog

Brindle is a dominant color pattern and one parent *must* be brindle to produce brindle offspring. One parent may have been a Rottie. The other parent was not.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:23 PM
Top Dog

If he's not that big I doubt he's got Presa or Corso...for some reason I want to say some sort of hound? Maybe Lab X Pit Bull X Plott Hound. I have no idea why I think Plott Hound, but i do.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 10-05-2008, 10:30 PM
Blow. Me. Away.

Full Rottie? I don't believe it. I see Rottweiler, Pit & Lab.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:16 AM
Taxiderpy

Sorry, that's just funny. And getting mad cause your collie is too vocal when he plays? Makes no sense whatsoever.

And yes, brindle is dominant, BUT it can be "hidden" looks wise, if the brindle parent is also black. There will be brindle stripes in the black, you just can't see them so well. Strider's mom was a white spotted black brindle, so was his grandpa.

ETA: Obviously though, the brindle did NOT come from a rotti parent. There are any number of other breeds that it could have come from. To me he looks to have some kind of houndy dog in his background. Don't know if that is what made him brindle though.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:41 AM
~Lisa~

No he is not huge, but not small either. about the size of a rotti, maybe a bit taller bout a inch or so.
I thought he was smaller. But seen him again the other day and he is bigger then i first thought (Probably becuase he was next to a lab lol and a irish wolfhound. so i was thrown for size lol) he is a sweet guy. I would love to take him home. But MR. Blaze thinks it would be more fun to pester him and try and humop him. lucky mr Blaze is a good listener and will stop when I say lol
I think maybe pit. But I dont know.either. after the ban has been around here for so many years, not to common to meet a intact one anymore. But Im sure they are still out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Sorry, that's just funny. And getting mad cause your collie is too vocal when he plays? Makes no sense whatsoever.
Yup. The women is a PITA most days at the park. More reason to avoid that area of the park lol.

She doesnt even like to let her lab RETRIEVE objects like balls or sticks, she is strange to say the least.

Last edited by Tankstar; 10-06-2008 at 08:51 AM.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Prey Drive's a BITCH!

All I can say is that he is gorgeous, I LOVE brindles.

At first, I almost said "that is OBVIOUSLY a Collie...."

"Take this trouble for me:
Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

-- Capt. Max von Stephanitz