Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 10-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Backward_Cinderella

Default WHAT THE HELL-O DOOM??? l;skdjfj

So I just made dinner (yes, I know its after 10PM, I don't care. We're not going to bed for a long while any way). We had breakfast for dinner... we have it about once a month. I messed up the first egg I made, I over cooked it, so I cut it in half and gave it to the dogs. Doom scarfed his down and then proceeded to turn around and snatch Bobsie's RIGHT OUT OF HER MOUTH.
W
T
F
I was shocked she didn't get pissed off and attack him! She's usually so snarky about her food.
That's not what I'm worried about though, (her not being snarky, I mean, I just assume that Doom has placed himself as the dominant dog in the pack and that's just the way things work) its HIM stealing food from her! She's been looking a little skinny lately, and you know, now I think about it, I haven't seen her eating very often. Is he running her out of the food??? I free feed, and please don't jump all over me for it, I'm not going to change that, because if I feed them on a schedule they fight... one gets finished first and decides they want the other's food, free feeding just works better for me. They just take turns (Until recently, any way) and it works out fine. I haven't had any fights over it, it just seems like... BAH I dunno.
I just want to know if you guys have any advice on the "snatching her food" thing, because that just REALLY irked me. He's in his kennel and Bobsie is STILL ignoring the food... -_-

ETA:
OMG
Is she just being picky??? I mean with the not eating out of the bowl thing... I changed foods and that's when I noticed that she's not eating as much... O.o
What a diva.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

Smudge steals food from Cider. They are given meals in crates to minimize the issues unless it's something treat like that is immediately gone.

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 10-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Island dweller

I'm not picking on you for free feeding. Really But honestly if you fed them on a schedule then you would know how much they are eating. For all you know she could have gone off her food which is a sign of illness and until she starts to show signs of weightloss you might not even suspect!

I've free fed before and it worked fine at the time but I am so happy that I have them on a schedule. Now I know exactly what is going in and if they are going off their food. Especially since Sakari got kidney failure. I KNEW she had gone off her food and it wasn't being stolen by the others.

But of course, they are your dogs and it's entirely your decision.

It's just hard to say exactly what is happening .... Other than separating them to feed I don't know what else to suggest so you can find out what the problem is.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Backward_Cinderella

I left a message at the vet's office about an hour ago asking if I could get in tomorrow since I'm off. *sigh* These people must LOVE me for all the money I spend at their clinic. She's due for a weigh in any way...
Old 10-04-2008, 12:07 AM
Squishy face

I am thinking that maybe she's sick and Doom knows he can take advantage of her.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!