Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 11-25-2004, 09:34 PM
Top Dog

I just noticed that Toki only has dew claws on his front legs but not in the back. I read somewhere that some dogs don't even have dew claws. I called a few vets about removing them and most of them don't remove dew claws for dogs. I mean it doesn't bother me because I can't see it. But I know if it's not clipped it gets really sharp.

www.barkatme.com
Old 12-08-2004, 09:51 PM
Andi

Default Dew Claws

I didn't have a choice with my Doberman because when I went to choose him he already had his tail docked and the dew claws removed, but then he's parents were proper show dogs and granparents had won cruft's so I think thats why he was done.

But then again a doberman looks really funny with a tail?
Old 12-08-2004, 10:41 PM
Top Dog

My dog had dew claws on the back, but they were almost like extra toes. they stuck out and it looked like a toe but it was soft and floppy so I had them removed when he was neutered. I was afraid as rambunctious as he is that he would get them caught on something and rip them off. They wrapped his paws in bandages and he chewed the bandages off after a few days. After that he didn't seem to notice they were gone. The only reason I did it though was because they stuck out. I wouldn't recommend someone do it if their dog has normal dew claws b/c it is not really necessary.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:16 PM
an5gel99

get the front and back de clawed bc the back cant get caught and the front wont be their so less stress for you and the dog while you clip them