Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 09-21-2008, 11:17 AM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Just with how some people don't understand or are unsure of the benefits of feeding grain-free, I am unsure of why people find it necessary to actually feed grains. It is not a necessary aspect of dogs dietary needs.

I am a huge Natura supporter. I love all of their foods and my two dogs on kibble eat a combination of EVO and EVO RM. I am fortunate to have found a food that works so well for my crew so I've never had to try any other grain-free kibbles.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:44 AM
Puppy Dog

Anyone have a link to the old and new formulas? I want to determine if the canidae I have is the old or new formula. I bought 2 large bags in early August and still have quite a bit left.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:13 PM
Back of the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by arklady View Post
It is a matter of choice whether or not your go grain free. Many dogs do well on grain free--especially those pets who have allergies. As always, gradual change is the key to changing any diet.
I've always found with a good kibble you can switch directly, no transition required.
The transition is required on some lesser grades but my dogs have always been able to make the jump directly on a high grade food.
And I'd know as one of them... well stomach isn't so much sensitive but the room gets aeromatic when something upsets her stomach.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:43 AM
Herd. Protect. Love.

Diamond isn't well regarded many times, but their "naturals" line has never been involved in any recall. Several of their products are similar to the old Canidae formula in being simple and very cost effective.

If your dogs do better on limited ingredient foods, California Natural is probably going to be your best bet.

If you were limiting exposure to grains, then the grain frees would be a great direction to try. Wellness Core is my favorite there - less of a "kitchen sink" food and terrific quality overall. Taste of the Wild is similar to Core, also, but with more ingredients - a great price on that one.