Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 12-11-2004, 09:49 AM
Active Pup

Default Proper feeding

Hi
I have visited several forums and find as many different opinions as I do people.
One site that interested me spoke of Specific breed feeding. For the correct nutritional needs of your canine.
This indicated to feed your dog according to its breed as all dogs do not have the same requirements. So one bag supposedly High quality food is not suitable to all dogs. Also manufactured food is not good & Chicken meal does not mean meat.
I wish the best for my companions so I would like opinions on this subject.

Thanks
Old 12-11-2004, 10:09 AM
Felurian

The first two qualifiers I look for are that a food is organic and that it contains only human grade ingredients.

After that, different dogs do have somewhat different needs. Mine have been fed Innova since they were pups, and I have now switched them from the puppy formula to the new EVO formula Innova makes. I'm completely amazed and impressed with the results - not the least of which is how well they like it! Even Bimmer, who is pretty nonchalant about dog food, walks backwards on his hind legs to his food dish! I took him with me to the feed store the last time I bought dog food and let him walk completely around the stacks of the different Innova formulas. He sniffed each one, then came back to the EVO stack and stood up and put both front paws on it, looked at me and wagged his tail.

As growing puppies, I supplement their food with calf milk replacer (we also raise Angus cattle) for skeletal support. These are HUGE, heavy boned dogs and they have thrived on it. Charley first started using the milk replacer when he raised European-line Dobermans; the vet always recommended Charley's pups to his clients who wanted Dobermans, knowing that (in addition to having impeccable lines and temperament) they would be extremely healthy and have a good start.

There are several good threads regarding feeding that you might want to check out.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-11-2004, 03:05 PM
Top Dog

I gotta try Innova.