Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Grooming Forum

Old 08-03-2005, 07:12 AM
Top Dog

I use hair blaster too, its great for getting out old dead hair and takes no time at all to groom the dogs for show, when you have 4 malamutes to get washed and ready for a major show the cool air blaster are a must, my dogs were used to them by the age of 4 months, and now cant wait to get on to the grooming table to be done, even the ones I may not be taking to a show, I have to give a quick blast so they dont feel left out

Mo
Old 08-03-2005, 11:20 AM
no touchy

I just towel the girls and then let them air dry. It takes about twenty minutes to shampoo and then rinse each one of them, then I just rub them with a towel and let them run around the house.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:41 PM
Active Pup

We use the 5hp Home Depot shop vac in reverse. Great velocity and not too loud, Nice long hose keeps the vac far from the animals.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:34 PM
Rusty but Trusty

it's not radioactive to dogs, I've used it on Shelby a few times in the past. The problem with dogs and blowdryers is that human blowdryers are too hot for dogs and will damage their skin. You're dog doesn't need a blowdryer anyways just towel dry and wrap him up in a towel and snuggle. If you have to use a human one put it on the lowest setting and keep it FAR, FAR away from your little puppy.

Old 08-15-2005, 07:36 AM
Top Dog

I don't use the hair dryer on my girls. Usually just towel dry. But I've heard from others that you shouldn't dry your dog's hair completely using the hair dryer and let some of it dry naturally. So that they do get or rather don't lose the oils they need for their skin.