Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 09-15-2008, 04:50 PM
~Lisa~

I do. I honestly find nothing wrong with it, offcourse if its non toxic ect to them. I always put some veggies in his dinner. I will give him some fries, or the last bite or a burger ect. I figure he gets alot of excersise, he doesnt beg me, he will but I will teel him to "get" and he will go lay down. I can through food on the floor and he wont touch it until I say ok. I tormented him the other day I had fries. I took 4 put 2 on each pay and told him to wait. He sat there for about 5 mins until I felt to bad (I actually forgot about them until I looked at him again) and then I said ok, he looked relived lol.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:52 PM
Top Dog

Cheza gets what we get, if it isn't bad for her, but she has to be laying down away from the plate.

The puppy only gets tiny things like peanut butter for now.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:29 PM
Top Dog

The same as most others here - Meg will get bits of almost anything that is safe for her to eat, assuming she will eat it. I tried giving her pieces of french fries one night while I was eating. Only after I was done did I see the small pile of fries under a nearby table. She would take one, decide she didn't like it, and then add it to the pile.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:35 PM
Top Dog

None while I'm eating . Any good leftovers go into refrig for Ollie's next day meal additive , or into trash . Then he may lick the dish .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 09-15-2008, 05:59 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd View Post
Then he may lick the dish .
Ohhh ...Cheyenne absolutely adored licking plates ... I think most Goldens do!

Same as others, we would let her have little tastes of things as long as it was nothing toxic to dogs. Anytime we were unsure we would ask the vet as well as do 'net searches before offering her anything.

We often cooked for her, boiled chicken or beef with supplements recommended by our vet. She also got salads, which she loved and they really helped when she was geriatric and started to sometimes have constipation problems. They were baby carrots, romaine lettuce spines, and a couple tablespoons of oat bran added. She also absolutely loved ice cream ... her most favorite food in the world. So she got ocassional single scoops of vanilla, either ice cream or frozen yogurt.

Of course there were those "purists" who said that we should never, ever, ever give her any "people food". But she was always healthy, never overweight, and lived a good long life. Now that she's gone we are so glad we didn't deprive her of those things she loved. Moderation in all things works.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:01 PM
orange iguanas.

Now I feel bad because I don't share, lol.

Every once in a while I might. Like if I don't finish what I'm eating for dinner, then I might give the dogs some of it. But that really doesn't happen often at all.

But I figure that's the least thing they need, my dad pumps them so full of treats that if I gave them my food, it'd be overkill hah.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006
Old 09-15-2008, 06:23 PM
not so newby

I don't give my dogs a ton of people food, but when I do they get just about everything. However if it's too salty or greasy I won't give any to them because it upsets their tummies.

My neighbor just about fell over laughing the other day when he came outside and saw all 3 dogs patiently waiting for me to pick rasberries and give them some.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:24 PM
<----Thanks Allie

I don't understand how all people food can be bad. God put it on earth for us and every other creature to eat.... if anything kibble is the "unnatural" food.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:29 PM
not so newby

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpaeanx View Post
I don't understand how all people food can be bad. God put it on earth for us and every other creature to eat.... if anything kibble is the "unnatural" food.
I'm thinking it's the people food with all the additives that are bad. I don't think that veggies, fruits, meats etc are bad at all
Old 09-15-2008, 06:49 PM
mostly ignored...

the question should be what foods don't I give to them. . . and the answer is, I'm a sucker for puppy eyes and that puddle of drool is just going to need to be mopped up if I wait too long to give them what they want. In other words, whatever they blasted well ask for, sans chocolate, grapes and other toxic things. Past that, bring on the preservatives baby.

Sunny is particularly fond of hot dogs, and by that I mean, really anything that looks like it could have at one point been food.

Stormy has a more discerning palate, and will only eat certain people food (read: the good stuff) like flour (no corn please!) tortillas, and real, cooked meat. She won't touch raw. Period. Roll in a raw dead fish all day, but wouldn't think of eating it (that she leaves to Sunny) Shuns sweets, anything remotely looking like a raw veggie, bread products, She picks things up oh so daintily that are offered to "her highness" then walks them over to her spot, lays down, sniffs, licks once with the tip of her tongue, and if it is deemed acceptable, no one will be beheaded tonight, and she very daintily pulls it apart piece by little bitty piece and nibbles it away.
Then she comes back over "That thing in your hand...it pleases us, please proceed with the feeding of your majesty, or ye shall perish"

Does that answer your question (and before the rants begin, yes, I'm a terrible pet mommy, people food is bad for doggies, and NILIF is the best training ever...bad behavior = no treats. Read: If I don't feed them what they want, I get ignored all night. )