Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kela View Post
After her calling me a coward for not wanting to start yet another BSL argument? I guess she either wanted another argument or prefers to call people names when they don't get their way.

Awesome first impression, not really caring if I "get to know her" since I already know of her two awesome "tactics."
Get it straight sweetheart. I didn't call you a coward.

Quote:
If you want to "correct" something, you should do it directly, and challenge with the courage of your convictions, not wait for what you are challenging to disappear so that there is little possibility of rebuttal. That has the appearance of cowardice.

Try again. The back door "take it down so I can post my opinion" crap doesn't work here. You run your two boards the way you want and the Chaz members will continue to run our community the way we do. Laying it out there in the open. MY people don't hide and wait for something they disagree with to drop off the board before they post their opinions. Or try to get someone to remove it for them.

And yah, I AM the board Fila.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-09-2008, 10:30 PM
We are Home.

And a dam good board Fila as well.

And I to deal with BSL on a daily basis no matter where Im at. Heck we cant even breed the way we would love to because we are scred some BSL supporting IDIOT will take our dogs AT LEAST if they are not "certified" as purebred publicly then we have somewhat of a chance. Do you know what its like to live in fear you will one day live without the breed that you know is the perfect family dog and your daughters best friend. The same dogs that kept you fighting when you were a teen with depression. And then to take said dog in public and deal with BS from people. To want to make your dog a Therapy dog and not be able to (the places wont accept them). Have you ever been told it is a good thing your dog died just because of breed, or that your child is going to get killed by your dog because he is a big bad shepard mix. When really he is the ONLY dog in the house to actively seek out her torture and hes not suppossed to be as kid friendly as say my SAINT who wants nothing at all to do with her. That is the reality of the situation.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 09-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Twin 2.0

Quote:
Let me phrase it this way. Lets pretend you are a politician running for office. Your opponent goes and tells the world (falsely) that you are a child abuser. Is your response:

a) He kills babies! (which is also false)
b) Focus on the actual campaign and the facts at hand.
Ok, yes, let's go with option B. Get back to me when you having something useful and true to present. Kthx.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:45 PM
Island dweller

So your complaint is that there are typos and 'fake' breeds and yet you have no evidence. That's why you want a sticky removed that does help make people aware.

Even if your points were valid it doesn't make this thread any less so. There has been a lot of good feedback here. It has gotten people thinking and I believe that was the intent.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:53 PM
Kela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
Ok, yes, let's go with option B. Get back to me when you having something useful and true to present. Kthx.
I'm still waiting for you to show me pictures of the imaginary breeds. Go back a page and there's plenty to show that the list is just completely made up.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Kela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saje View Post
So your complaint is that there are typos and 'fake' breeds and yet you have no evidence. That's why you want a sticky removed that does help make people aware.

Even if your points were valid it doesn't make this thread any less so. There has been a lot of good feedback here. It has gotten people thinking and I believe that was the intent.
Uh...how does one have evidence that X is a fake breed?

This hasn't gotten people thinking. It got 12 pages of people going "OMG they banned golden retrievers!"

No matter how much BSL spreads, all breeds will never be banned no matter what you try to convince us otherwise. Is it possible that more than just pit bulls will be affected? Sure thing. But mistakenly claiming that all breeds will one day be banned is absolutely incorrect.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Queen of the Jungle

Quote:
BSL doesn't mean that the government is going to go kill all pit bulls. In some places, BSL might mean that a breeding permit is required. I'd support that kind of BSL being spread to ALL breeds in the long run!
The truth is that in Ontario, your family pet can be taken from your house ~which, by the way, they can come in and take it without a warrant~ if it resembles a pit bull.....the offshoot of this ingenious (being sarcastic!) law, is that they also added that ANY dog exhibiting "menacing" behaviour (this is not defined in the bill) and police will have the power to enter your home without a warrant and take your dog. Your dog will then be destroyed or sold to a research facility. Nice. Oh, and by the way, the onus is on the owner to prove their dog isn't a pitbull ~which goes against our fundamental right to innocence until proven guilty.

Yes, this is a very real and very scary. Imagine if your dog annoyed one of your neighbours ~they decide to call and say your dog is 'menacing'. Say bye-bye to fido....doesn't matter if its a pitbull, pitbull-type or a beagle.

I fail to see how government intervention help improve or even maintain the health and welfare of a particular breed?? The animals they are charged with protecting often live in miserable conditions rotting away in animal control buildings before they are unceremoniously executed to make room for more.
No thanks, I don't want the gov't sticking their nose in how or which animals should be bred.

JMHO
Old 09-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Felurian

Banning even ONE breed is unacceptable. Regulating even ONE breed is reprehensible.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-09-2008, 11:05 PM
Twin 2.0

Quote:
I'm still waiting for you to show me pictures of the imaginary breeds. Go back a page and there's plenty to show that the list is just completely made up.
And I'm still waiting for you to show me where BSL ISN'T as big of a threat as the rest of this board KNOWS it is. For all that you have a Std. Poodle, a dog that essentially amounts to a Doberman in a curly coat, you are woefully ignorant of the present and future of dog laws.

PETA, HSUS, ALF and various smaller associated organizations HAVE STATED PUBLICALLY that their end goal is to ELIMINATE all domestic dogs. It sounds laughable. And yet look what they've managed to accomplish already. ABPT's and anything that "resembles" them (which can be anything in the eyes of the public, read some of the "what has your dog been mistaken for? threads on here) are already widly banned and that's accepted. Rottweilers, Dobermans, Germand Shepherds, Chows, etc, all those dogs are on the chopping block. I have an AUSTRALIAN Shepherd and I had more trouble than one might think trying to find a new place to rent, all because he has "Shepherd" in his name. Never mind that he has his CGC. THIS IS what BSL is doing for the average dog owner. My Black Lab has been called a "pitbull" before. BSL has oh-so-kindly put the burden of proof on the OWNER to prove that their dog IS NOT what it's being labeled as, rather than on the accuser to prove that dog is indeed a "vicious" animal needing public intervention.

You can bury your head in the sand all you want. The rest of us are going to keep fighting to prevent both enmity and apathy from taking away the dogs we love.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:05 PM
Island dweller

Quote:
Uh...how does one have evidence that X is a fake breed?

This hasn't gotten people thinking. It got 12 pages of people going "OMG they banned golden retrievers!"

No matter how much BSL spreads, all breeds will never be banned no matter what you try to convince us otherwise. Is it possible that more than just pit bulls will be affected? Sure thing. But mistakenly claiming that all breeds will one day be banned is absolutely incorrect.
So now you know what people are thinking? And you want to throw around statements that a breed doesn't exist but you want people to do your research for you? Nice. lol