Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-13-2005, 03:09 PM
Puppy Dog

THANK YOU ALL ITS VERY COMFORTING KNWOING I WAS DOING HE RIGHT THING.

Just now when my girl friend said food time she ran and sat next to the fridge, then when she sow what she was getting she walked off/

We give her Purina (or is it prima) its the food our vet recomended and she loved it but then my girlfriend started putting sause on it and now she wont eat unless there is something on it.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE HELP.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:11 PM
Island dweller

I'd switch from Purina. It's not a very good food. Your puppy will get a lot more benefit from a quality brand. Well, you can read more about that in the dog food forum.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:19 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I used to know a lady who's dog would not eat unless she was sweeping the floor lol if she swept the floor the dog worried that she was going to pick the food up off the floor. So everytime she would set down food for her dog she would start sweeping and she would gobble it right up. Dogs are strange creatures and are smarter than most give them credit for. If you get steak everyday and love it and then someone gives you some ground beef you probably wouldn't be too happy with that lol. Thats probably what she is thinking. " I don't have to eat this crap give me the yummies that i used to get" lol eventually she will eat just stick to your guns

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-14-2005, 07:18 AM
Puppy Dog

we give her pedigree now, it use to be pruna bakers complete, put she now keeps running to the kitchen,she will eat but only what we are eating, its been a day and a half now (we have been through this once before) but i am holding out,any minute now she will give in.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:36 AM
Top Dog

If you think about it, its probably not the taste of the food you are giving your dog that it dosnt like, because if a dog is left to roam, and gets hungry it will scavage any rotten bit of food it can out of garbage bins, so changing the food all the time is not really an option, I think your pup is just testing the boundaries with you, it will not allow itself to starve, if the vet says the pup is healthy then stick to your guns, allow the pup to rule you on this matter, then what next? it dosnt like to sleep in its own bed, so I gave it mine? it dosnt like someone sitting next to me on the sofa, so we dont have company? this has got to be sorted out now IMO

Mo
Old 08-14-2005, 11:40 AM
Puppy Dog

MOE YOU ARE SPOT ON.

Last night for the first time in month she actually tried to jump in our bed at night and several times through out the night she kept trying to come back so for the first time since she was a pup i had to shut the door to her kennle.

Time for some tough love.