Illinois ADBA show pics (PIC HEAVY)

Chewbecca

feel the magic
These are some of the pics I took at the show yesterday. I'm intentionally leaving out the ones with people in them until I have their permission to post them.

This guy was...12 or 13 years old.

I don't know this dog, she's just pretty.

This is Bobby Boucher. He won champion yesterday.

***MORE***

Chewbecca

feel the magic

This is Lizzy. I have a ton of her, and her "brother" Bronson, but most were taken with their owner.

This is Mr. Bronson. He's a stunning dog.

***MORE***

Chewbecca

feel the magic
I don't know whose dog this is, but she's beautiful.

Again, this is Bronson. He placed second for champion.

**MORE**

Chewbecca

feel the magic

I'm not sure who owns this white dog, but he was a beauty.

This is Bobby entering the ring.

*MORE*

Chewbecca

feel the magic

And this is a Boston named "Divina" owned by a friend I met yesterday at the show.
We were SMITTEN with Divina. She's just precious. She's deaf, so she is trained by hand signals. She gives the BEST kisses ever.

***more***

Chewbecca

feel the magic
This is Bean. I love the Bean.

I LOVE BEANY. I think she is...14 months old, if I'm correct.

THE END.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
WANT Divina!
Seriously, I'm going to steal her, she's adorable!

All those dogs looked amazing!!! Great pics!

Something I've always wondered, can those dogs walk on a loose leash down the street, or are they mainly trained to lay into the collar to show off their muscles. Sorry if it's an ignorant question.

Chewbecca

feel the magic
WANT Divina!
Seriously, I'm going to steal her, she's adorable!

All those dogs looked amazing!!! Great pics!

Something I've always wondered, can those dogs walk on a loose leash down the street, or are they mainly trained to lay into the collar to show off their muscles. Sorry if it's an ignorant question.
I'm sure they can all walk fine on leash. But, something I was reminded of yesterday, is just HOW strong dog aggression IS in APBTs.

They were behaved in the ring, for the most part, but yes, there were quite a few hissy fits because other dogs were present.
And that's ok in ADBA. You're expected, obviously, to have control of your dog, but there is barking, and lunging to some degree on the way in and out of the ring.
Only one dog fight (or was it two?) happened yesterday. And they were not intentional, obviously. Just a couple of owners whose dogs got too close to each other.

But, yes, 99% of owners were walking around with break sticks in their back pockets yesterday.
It's part of the breed.

pitbullpony

BSL Can Be Beaten
OMG; I'd love to get my girls in shape like those guys (well maybe not Dora yet; but eventually); love those pics; thanks so much for sharing!!!

Chewbecca

feel the magic
Thanks! It was my pleasure to be able to photograph and be in the presence of such beautiful dogs who were loving on EVERY human they could!
Tails waggin, bully smiles, bully kisses were VERY common yesterday. And I LOVED IT ALL.

PWCorgi,
uh, I just re-read my last reply, and I don't know if it sounds snotty or not, but I didn't intend it that way. It was more of a stunner to me because, honestly, I didn't know if I'd EVER see or meet another dog who could be as dog aggressive as Ella.

And I did. hahahahaha. I met an ENTIRE SHOW FULL.:lol-sign:
But the dogs were managed by their owners. No one stressed out over their dogs being dog aggressive, it was just a normal occurrence.

Chewbecca

feel the magic
You know Melissa? How?
She cracks me up.

And, yes, the second dog kind of, sort of looks a little like Terra.
I thought "Hm...matrix, perhaps?" because of the eyes.

But, shh...Terra's prettier!

Members online