Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-12-2005, 08:35 PM
Top Dog

Unhappy Poor dog

So I just got back from walking Gunnar and Katya. While on our walk we passed a dog that looked like a JRT mix, it was on a doggy tie out and trying it's hardest to pull it's way to me and my dogs. (We were on the opposite side of the street.) Anyways the poor thing was choking the bejeezus out of itself, it was hacking and coughing and wheezing, couldn't get one decent bark out. It may have even been debarked, the whistling sound kinda made me think that. Anyways the owner comes out and sees her dog feaking and she just turns around and walks back inside. The poor dog could have choked itself out! I felt really sorry for it. It was pretty gruesom to witness.

Old 08-12-2005, 08:59 PM
Top Dog

I hate tie outs !!! The only time I use mine is if I'm working in the front yard and Chip wants to be with me. I was so spoiled with Bubba,,,,, he always stayed in the front with me loose. But, I can't weed/garden and trust Chip .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 08-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Top Dog

He might even be full of heartworms if he has a hoarse throat that may not be due to his tie-out. Poor thing...
Old 08-12-2005, 10:57 PM
Twin 2.0

I know what you mean. When I was delivering pizzas there was this one house that had their ACD tied out front every time I went in that neighborhood. It would run full speed after my car, only to hit the end of it's lead and get yanked back. Then it would continue lunging and barking and generally working itself into a right state until I left. I felt so bad for that dog, but it was also one of the more aggressive dogs I'd met. Mind you, all this took place when I was delivering on either side of this house; never directly to that particular one.