Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 08-18-2008, 02:12 PM
Playful Husky Pup

Dobermans.....honestly you couldn't pay me to take one...Lol don't kill me its just an opinion.

Really thats it. I am pretty open to all other breeds.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Top Dog

I would never own a small/toy breed.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:50 PM
Just try me..

I will never own a dog that doesn't like me
Old 08-18-2008, 02:57 PM
<----Thanks Allie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
I will never own a dog that doesn't like me
HAHAHAHA! yes I would say that would be an important factor in owning a dog!
Old 08-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Big Dog

Doberman, Rottweiler, Afghan, Borzoi, Irish Wolfhound as well as any breed that has a wrinkly face that look like they ran into a door at high speed. Don't particularly care much for drooly breeds either.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Aging Canine Advocate

i would never own a:
australian cattle dog - if i never hear that bark again it'll be too soon
chocolate lab - psychotic
german shepherd - really biased against since my parents' neighbors have five
beagle - yes i am aware i have two beagle mixes
pomeranian - yip yip yip bite yip
chihuahua - they're just ugly
hairless dog - they are gross to touch
husky or malamute - they need more than i could give them
italian greyhound - too nervous for my tastes

hmm there's more... breeds subject to high DA are also off the list. Anything that needs a home, of course, well, i'm a sucker. But if I get to pick and choose, those are the ones I would never own (and in some cases, never own again!)
Popper's Agility T-Shirts - dog agility, flyball, disc dog, and other dog sports, including breed specific gifts.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:49 PM
Aging Canine Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilyena View Post
Doberman, Rottweiler, Afghan, Borzoi, Irish Wolfhound as well as any breed that has a wrinkly face that look like they ran into a door at high speed. Don't particularly care much for drooly breeds either.
geez you named every dog i WANT to own!
Popper's Agility T-Shirts - dog agility, flyball, disc dog, and other dog sports, including breed specific gifts.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:00 PM
Top Dog

I couldn't live with a "squished face" breed. The snorting and snuffling bothers me too much, and I'd constantly be worried about their health.

Boxers, definitley not. They're too energetic for me. And yes, I have high energy breeds, but Boxer energy is just... different. At least the ones I've been around.

German Shepherds. I think they're beautiful to look at, but temperament wise they don't suit me in the slightest.

Most giant breeds. I'm not a big fan of the short lifespan... I've lost enough dogs at a young age as it is, never mind owning one who is supposed to go early. The health problems that plague most of them also scare me a lot. That being said, life-style permitting, I'd absolutely love a Leo someday...

Most of the sporting group I couldn't live with either. I adore Tollers, but they're not like other retrievers. I don't enjoy overly happy dogs who are always sort of in your face. I like a bit of seriousness along with happy, lol. And that's something that most sporting breeds I've met don't seem to have. I do really like Vizslas though, and would definitely consider one someday... Weims are nice too, as are GSPs.

I wouldn't have any terriers either. Too 'feisty' for me, and I'm not a fan of the possibility that they very well could be dog aggressive. And being that I like a multi-dog home, I think having to separate dogs constantly would be too hard on me.

Well, now that I've listed all of those, I should have just said that with a few exceptions, I wouldn't seek out anything that wasn't a Toller, a Doberman, or in the herding group.

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 08-18-2008, 06:26 PM
Sprayin' the spiders

And the most common so far..... LABS??

I'll give it to you guys, they are way too common. Their health can be as issue since they are so common, but NEVER owning one? You guys have to meet Allie, LOL.
(BTW, I never wanted one either....same reasons. And we all know how that story ends.....she's mommy's baby )

Sibes I can understand. I need no explanation. BUT, somehow I ended up with one that is manageable and a (somewhat) joy to live with.

(BTW, once again, I never wanted one either.....I didn't want an independent thinking, shedding, prey driven, yard digging, fence jumping, overbearing dog either......But she's my other pride and joy

Dachshunds were always high on my list. I am a very clumsy person, so little dogs aren't generally safe in my house. And the yapping, housebreaking....

(My lovely husband just HAD to have one. She is definately Daddy's little girl.)

BUT, since I HAVE my actual NEVER to OWN list in my own home, here are my other choices,

Any dog, no matter the breed, that has more hair than Ruby. Any dog that is DA, HA.
Technically, I don't have a never to own BREED list. I just look for temperaments that mesh well with my training style, lifestyle, my other dogs and my husband (UGH.)

U-CH Rocket - BN RN CAA TT CGC TDI
Ruby - CD RA CGC
MBIMBS U-CH Poison
Allie the Lab
Noodle the Mini Dach
Old 08-18-2008, 07:47 PM
:( only one :(

I'm truly a poodle snob...

Unlike a lot of people who have this breed as one of the ones they would never own, to me I can't think of any other breeds like them. Although I like many breeds I don't think I'll have anything but a poodle in my life. I should never say never, if another breed, or I should say dog because they truly are all individuals, happen to fall in my lap in the future I could see myself being tempted if they were the perfect match for me no matter what breed, or mix.