Has anyone ever seen this guy on the IDIOT box?

GoingNowhere

at 4:20, the first thing I thought was... "and whose dogs are retrieving hotdogs and bringing them back to their owners uneaten?"

Enough said.

The best way to shut people up is to wow them with your own dog. I love it when people tell me that 'treats" are bribery and toys don't work in the real world. I just go out and show 'em. No treats, no toys, just our finished product and then ask them to point out the weakness in my training methods. Not that my dogs are perfect, but pretty dang close. that is of course until the next time when they'll be sure to remind me i'm not as good of a trainer as I think :)

We come across people like that all the time. They heard from some guy that trains dogs for this and that and pretty much everything under the sun, that treats are bribery and you can't use a ball on the street to get a dog to "out" off a suspect. They actually look dumbfounded when you "out" your dog and their is no conflict and you didn't have to choke him off a bite. It's priceless. The sad reality is though, even after you show them, most of them won't believe their eyes, they'll believe the words of some whacked out hack that couldn't train his way out of a paper bag.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
I know people who attended his seminar when he was touring in decemberish I think. I posted my viewpoint that I think he's an asshat, and multiple reasons why using things he's done on his show. I got told off that he's wonderful and I was peeing on their parade..

They claim they learned so much from him.. if you mess up in his seminars he makes you do push ups. I find that real motivating..

Last I heard from other sources, their dogs have regressed back to their earlier behaviours and aren't perfect post Brad's help.

I know people who attended his seminar when he was touring in decemberish I think. I posted my viewpoint that I think he's an asshat, and multiple reasons why using things he's done on his show. I got told off that he's wonderful and I was peeing on their parade..

They claim they learned so much from him.. if you mess up in his seminars he makes you do push ups. I find that real motivating..

Last I heard from other sources, their dogs have regressed back to their earlier behaviours and aren't perfect post Brad's help.
Most trainers have clients and colleagues...Brad has groupies. Not one current, experienced. educated trainer supports him....but that's because we're all jealous!:rofl1::rofl1: At least that's what his followers say...SHEEP..Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!;)

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Hahaha. I never asked. I was peeing myself that they complied..

Very very true. Groupies is a great word for it.. I've gotten a few ideas I thought I could play around with from the few times I tried to watch him.. But overall, He's horribly bad.

Toller_08

Ugh... he's horrible. I've watched a couple of his episodes on TV when his show first aired and I couldn't believe what I was seeing, and still can't understand how he can call himself a trainer. It's amazing (and incredibly unfortunate) how many people actually believe in his methods though. We take the dogs to Southland park often and I usually run into at least 5 people everytime who believe in his methods 100%, and there's absolutely no convincing them otherwise.

youhavenoidea

I love my Weimaheiny!
The way I look at it, no one should follow any one cookie-cutter method 100%. Take from column a) that which works best for you and your dog, take from column b) that which works best for you and your dog, take from column c) . . . and so on and so forth.

As for Pattison in particular - I wasn't able to watch the clip posted, but HAVE seen his show a few times. I personally find him substantially less of a *ouche than CM, and have never seen him do anything I find particularly objectionable, HOWEVER, I have not watched every episode, and am not so naive to overlook creative editing. One thing I DO like about him, is that despite whatever training methods he may use that one may not agree with, if the owners are dumb*sses, he tells them so, and doesn't sugar coat it. More people need to hear it, and let's face it, it's entertaining, if nothing else.

So I'm not an advocate of any one person, and never will be. I'm an advocate of "do what works for you" and that's all you can do, because there will always be people looking for a quick fix for moneymaking, weight loss, and yes, dog training. And you nor I can't change their mentality.

Dekka

Just try me..
See I do work to change their mentality. I work hard to help people understand that issues that have been (usually) months or years in the making are not going to go away in a few sessions.

IMO this guy is just as dangerous as Milan. He spews as much misinformation. No treats? What if your dog doesn't care about praise (most dogs don't unless they learned its a no punishment marker-which I would think would be the case with his dogs).

I would never suggest anyone do really anything he said in that clip, because most people can't sift the wheat from the chaff. There are better sources to turn people to.

Cheetah

Fluffy Corgi Addict
Am I the only person who was taken to some video of an interview with a WWE Diva, and not a dog training video? >o_O<

EDIT: Ah, found it... they must have moved the video... I also found some of his little training videos, and read how against treats he is...

It's funny... he's SO against treats, but I taught both my dogs everything they know, including everything I just saw on his videos, using treats, and now they will do it at ANY time WITHOUT treats, and much more eagerly than any of the dogs in his video... yet "treats are a negotiation."

Last edited:
The first and basically only episode I watched of this guys was he came to a house with a dog agressive dog and walked into the backyard. Behind him followed his dog and of course the aggressive dog attacked his dog and he basicallu shoved it half way across the backyard and screamed at the dog. That was the last of him I watched.

Oh, trust me...he makes CM look soft and gentle.

Here's a clip of one of the 'STUDENTS":yikes: that talks, acts, treats dogs, exactly like he does...

She bought her first dog, took his fake CET course and now she's a published dog expert..you won't believe this- look at the second video with the sound up and see why this P!sses me off so badly. This is who Brad has left us to deal with..

http://www.cooldog.ca/media.html

Cheetah

Fluffy Corgi Addict
Oh, trust me...he makes CM look soft and gentle.

Here's a clip of one of the 'STUDENTS":yikes: that talks, acts, treats dogs, exactly like he does...

She bought her first dog, took his fake CET course and now she's a published dog expert..you won't believe this- look at the second video with the sound up and see why this P!sses me off so badly. This is who Brad has left us to deal with..

http://www.cooldog.ca/media.html
What. An. Idiot. >u.u< That poor dog is being jerked this way and that... it's NOT having fun!

Mum2mutts

Hello
Am new to the site
Thought you guys in Canada might be interested to know there will be a segment on Positive Training on your BT TV tomorrow morning!!
Pam Dennison will be on the show, so should be nice for you to see positive side of things for a change

Mum2mutts

cinnamon

Hello
Am new to the site
Thought you guys in Canada might be interested to know there will be a segment on Positive Training on your BT TV tomorrow morning!!
Pam Dennison will be on the show, so should be nice for you to see positive side of things for a change

Mum2mutts

Thanks for the notice :) I'll have to get hubby to tape it. You are referring to Breakfast Television, right? Comes on around 6:30 7:00 am?

Hello
Am new to the site

Mum2mutts
Geeze...you don't say. *scratches head* I wonder who would have planted that little bug in their ear??:D

Thanks for the notice :) I'll have to get hubby to tape it. You are referring to Breakfast Television, right? Comes on around 6:30 7:00 am?
BT in Calgary though...Pam Dennison is here to teach a seminar here at CHS this weekend. :)

Members online

No members online now.