Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-10-2005, 01:20 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

she is definately very cute

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-10-2005, 01:53 PM
Top Dog

Definately some corgi in her. She looks almost identical to Peanut. The paws, mouth, ears and shape of the head yell corgi to me.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:59 PM
Top Dog

I'm guessing Basenji and JRT
Old 08-10-2005, 02:56 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
That is the sweetest little pup! Those pictures are just darling, especially the one with the flower toy, all tuckered out!

I believe Manchester was referring to the breeds characteristics to be a bit of a handful, especially for the unknowing dog owner. Does the pup bark at all? Basenji's aren't supposed to bark from what I understand. I saw one at the beach the other day. Felt so bad for it, the owners literally drug it into the water. I wish I could have put a leash on the owner and drug them into something they were scared of! Good luck with your pup, she's definetly a keeper!
o lol. i have done that too my dog only to see if he liked the water cuz he was never around it. he didnt mind it swammfor about 30 seconds following me, then going after asegal ,then though headed back to shore....now since he knows wat water is i let him go if he wants on his own.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:38 PM
Rusty but Trusty

I love Besenji's. I love that they don't bark, they have more of the yodel to them.

Old 08-10-2005, 03:42 PM
Top Dog

ooo..i luv ur sig julie
Old 08-10-2005, 03:44 PM
Rusty but Trusty

thanks, Gaddylovesdogs made it for me last night.

Old 08-10-2005, 10:23 PM
Top Dog

Lola did pretty good today. She had one poop accident on my carpet and peed once all down the front of me. The pee was not her fault.... my daughter felt it was necessary to scare her with the vaccuum cleaner as I was loving on her in my recliner. So, all in all.... I think she's doing really well now. Who would have thought a simple little thing like taking the kennel door off would make such a big difference. We're really not doing anything different as far as taking her out and her normal routine. The only thing I can say that we are making a point to make sure we do is to really really praise her when she does her business outside and make sure we give her a treat each and everytime. I had to resort to giving her pieces of a treat cuz I don't want her to get too big with a treat every time she pees or poops outside. She even cuddled with me in my bed this morning for a few hours and went to sleep. No waking up to pee pee all over my night gown like I have in the past...lol.

Oh, and she does bark, but she also does this yodel thing that almost sounds like a cross between a bark and a howl. Her momma looks just like a besenji. I can't really say I see the corgi in her that someone mentioned except maybe the rounded ears. And although some say she looks like jack russel... i just can't see the similarity there either. Who know... it doesn't really matter... she's just so cute and I have truly been in her life from the first little breath she ever took. She was the first pup born out of the litter.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:26 PM
Top Dog

how do you guys make those really cool pictures with your dogs in them for your background thing on your postings. They are really cool looking and I'd love to be able to do it with my pets.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:27 PM
Ol'Dogger

I agree I vote momma basenji mix...........shes a cutie..............