Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 08-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie1234
Pet quality? Wow! I heard Huskies don't make a good family pets
I have a husky and she is an excellent pet now. As soon as she learned the house rules and settled into our routine. She loves my daughter and doesn't mind her tugging a little at her ears or tail. Ofcourse I always supervise and never let her be rough with the dog. Also my daughter tripped and got wrapped up in Shelby's leash and instead of going nuts (like she would do with me or my husband) she just stood their patiently until I could untaggle them (even though she was getting choked a little by her collar being wrapped up. I would say she is a very good pet, she very laid back and she's 2! I know huskies shouldn't be so laid back and should be more active but ever since she came home with us it seems like she molded into our family. She's great, I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world!

Old 08-10-2005, 03:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4Pits
Yeah they do! They make great family dogs.
Wow, I had no idea. I just admired Huskies because they are so beautiful with their wolf-like appearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4Pits
I don't agree with tail docking or ear cropping because I beleive dogs are beautiful the way they are with people interfering. Yeah two of my pitbulls have cropped ears but thats how they came to me i would much rather they not be that way. I have seen Rotties with full tails Dobies with lop ears and other breeds uncropped and docked and i think they look 10 times better that way.
Oh, but don't forget, docking can also benefit the dog . I recently found out that Hungarian Vizsla's unprotected tip (of the tail) is docked to keep it from splitting and bleeding. Once damaged, the tail is extremely difficult to heal, sometimes requiring amputation later in life when the dog must be placed under general anaesthetic causing undue stress and pain. But I also see your point. Here's some more info
Old 08-25-2005, 12:00 AM
Top Dog

Mistake, lol, I was making a thread and forgot I was in this one
Old 09-21-2005, 06:01 PM
Big Dog

I had a husky, well, she was mostly husky, and she thought she was a lap dog. She'd sit in front of you with her nose in your lap while you petted her, then her right front paw would come up, then her left, then suddenly the rest of her would pile into your lap. Then she would pant and lick your face, this 40lb dog in your lap. Such a sweetie. Brilliant blue eyes, smart, hard working too (for a while, now she's fat and lazy living with my parents in Alaska) great family dog. Surprising. Her sister was a nightmare though, a wild thing, so it isn't always a good family pet, but still, odds are good.....
Old 02-16-2006, 04:00 PM
Active Pup

If you do not dock the tails you can not show them. Are you geting show titles for your breeding dogs?
Old 02-16-2006, 04:17 PM
Top Dog

....Of course, depending on what breed.....APBTs you cannot show w/ docked tails.

Old 02-16-2006, 04:28 PM
Beagle Bailey

Beagle Lover I love your signature. What program do most of you use to create those graphics like those in your signatures?

[
Old 02-21-2006, 05:08 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Im into Dobes. Their tails have to be docked. Saddly if you dont crop the ears the judges will place you lower (saddly). The breed looks ore like it should with croped ears

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 03-11-2006, 02:41 PM
Dobiegurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by darby
If you do not dock the tails you can not show them. Are you geting show titles for your breeding dogs?

Doesn't she breed huskies? The last I checked no where in the huskies standard does it say tail must be docked.
Old 03-11-2006, 06:26 PM
Top Dog

I just don't get it... cropped ears and docked tail.... I would love for someone to inform me. I have read and heard that some breeds should have tails docked for medical reasons, reasons that are debated by various vets.

As for ears...common... it's a show and tell for humans and the "SHOW people." I hate that... but that is just my opinion, and no one has to agree.

I love the dogs that are born and born naturally and can "keep" their "stuff." Again, if time goes on and something needs to be removed, that is medically necessary, than that is up to the owner.

To alter your dogs for show, to "show them off," wether for applause or a trophy, than that is a bit to far for me. Again, that's just my opion.... I would rather put myself to better use and help animal rights or fostering. Not paying money to "alter" a natural dog so they can run in a circle in an arena.