Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 08-05-2008, 12:13 AM
Top Dog

Yeah, I'm not sure it is a UTI, but it would be a good idea to rule that out anyway. A lot of vets will let you bring in a urine sample you "collect" yourself and test it without you having to actually bring your dog in, saving the office visit fees.... and hassles. Shouldn't cost much, and it's worth the peace of mind.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:49 AM
Workin' Dog

I would also worry about a possible health issue so it's always safe to get her looked over at the vet. How old is she? Another likely scenario is that her exercise needs have increased as she grows up (I'm assuming she's youngish) and she is still getting little puppy exercise throughout the day. When this happens, the maturing puppy all of the sudden has too much pent up energy to sleep well at night. You might try a long exercise session in the evening to see if this helps, too.

Also, have you made any other changes that may have upset her routine- new schedule, new food, new crate, new visitor, etc. Some dogs are pretty sensitive to change so you may want to think a bit about this.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Top Dog

Well the crying seems to have mostly stopped--we decided to take a new tactic two nights ago. I gave her one of her stressed small dog treats (they are to relax with herbs)--gave her a pair of my worn shorts to sleep with and put her bed back in (which I hadn't been doing due to thinking she was going to have accidents.
That night--nothing!
Last night she just got her bed--and no problems!

Maybe she really missed her bed however there have been many nights when she hasn't gotten it as generally if she didn't go potty at the last out I wouldn't give it to her (as sometimes she used to potty on it in the night. She's been pretty good lately though.

bubbatd-no dogs in the bed ever for us--that was a rule we made form the getgo of having dogs and have stuck to it. I want one place in my house to be fur free, warm body free--and quite frankly dog free.