Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 07-28-2008, 12:22 AM
Taxiderpy

Most sporting dogs (weims, labs, spaniels, poodles, etc.). I'm not really interested in owning a dog with those kinds of drives for one, they just don't feel like a good fit.

Most small breeds. Some day I may decide to get a cuddly small dog, but for now I really enjoy my big dogs.

Most terriers, because the potential for DA scares me.

On the other hand, if the individual with the right temperament from any of these groups came along I'd be all over it.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:36 AM
Puppy Dog

I take my previous post back I just thought of 2 breeds I would never own. Bulldogs and Pugs. Yes I own a boston terrier but they are not nearly as bad with breathing problems as the pugs and bulldogs. Bulldogs to me are just gross.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:00 AM
Bored Now.

Most Terrier breeds. Pomeranians. Anything small, white, and fluffy ie Maltese, Miniature Poodles, etc. (I looove Standards, though. I'm not sure why exactly it is that the smaller types don't appeal to me as much.)

A Neopolitan Mastiff. Double coated breeds that are big shedders, like GSDs, Akitas, etc. Getting to know Bamm Bamm has scared me off of anything that sheds like that.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:14 AM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Any tiny, small, maybe even what may be considered medium breeds (I guess when you're used to 100+lbs of dog, 30 pounds is considered medium? ).

I would not actively go out and look for a lot of specific breeds, and the size limits (currently) would be for their own protection, but I would not turn away a dog in need.

With that said, I'll still to the big guys if I may have the choice.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:25 AM
Let it be

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
Most Terrier breeds. Pomeranians. Anything small, white, and fluffy ie Maltese, Miniature Poodles, etc. (I looove Standards, though. I'm not sure why exactly it is that the smaller types don't appeal to me as much.)

A Neopolitan Mastiff. Double coated breeds that are big shedders, like GSDs, Akitas, etc. Getting to know Bamm Bamm has scared me off of anything that sheds like that.
I have a white carpet and two black dogs that shed like a son of a gun. The carpet if not cleaned twice a day is no longer a light colour. It looks like the underworld opening up.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:35 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpoodleperson View Post
For one reason or another, which breeds would you never want to have?

For me...

Beagle
Lab
Husky
Any drooly breeds
LOL! You would not want to come over to my house!! I have a huskyX, the king of droolers-my Saint and ask me 2 years ago and I would have been right with you on the beagle, but now I have one!
Old 07-28-2008, 04:57 AM
Couch Pototoe City

I would say corded breeds as well. After having long haired silky breeds for some time now, it would be hard to get use to something looking like that.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:36 AM
Top Dog

Most of them, honestly. There are a lot of breeds that I really, really like, but would never own because they just aren't the right fit. My top three list of dogs I would never own though (nobody shoot me) would be mini Schnauzers, labs, and standard poodles. For very different reasons.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:39 AM
Bloody but Unbowed

I can not live with a dog that yaps. Howls, growls, woofs, yodels, all good. But yapping drives me mad.

Thanks Baxter'smybaby. You're the Best.
Bless All the Abandoned Animals, Left to Die Alone, Abandoned, Frightened, and Confused
Old 07-28-2008, 08:40 AM
I'm All Ears

I have a lot I wouldn't want to own.

Most bully breeds I would never go out and look for. Aesthetically they just don't appeal to me except for certain pit bulls and then bullmastiffs I find gorgeous. Even then, the temperament isn't what I need in a dog. Any breed with curly hair or that requires regular clipping, though I love the look of standard poodles. And then many of the toy breeds I wouldn't want- pekes, maltese, yorkis (though many of these would fall under the 'too much grooming' category) I also can't see myself with another lab or really any retriever for that matter. And then most terriers I wouldn't want to own, with a couple exceptions here and there. I don't think I'd ever go out looking for a terrier though.

That said, I'd help whatever dog I could even if they weren't one that I typically liked.