Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 07-07-2005, 05:13 PM
Rusty but Trusty

it probably is searching for the momma cat. Our's would meow constantly at first if she lost sight of me or my husband. Just keep the kitty with you constantly.

Old 07-07-2005, 05:52 PM
Not crazy...

......Uh oh. Does kitty meow all the time, and act like he can't get comftrable, and is just overall pretty restless?

Buster, 11 weeks
Old 07-08-2005, 01:03 AM
Rusty but Trusty

what does that mean? Sorry now I can't take the suspense, because our kitten did that and now she's two and she's fine. Bagel, what kind of puppy is that in the picture? We went to the shelter and they had a little schnoodle that looked JUST like your little puppy.

Old 07-08-2005, 01:09 AM
Not crazy...

Scnauzer mixes.

Well, if the kitten meow rather painfully and just can't seem to get conftrable and are restless, it can mean the kitty has somthing wrong with it. It happend to my foster kitty Naomi, and just as she seemed to get better (She also wouldnt eat) and started eating, it got bad. One morning my mom came and woke me up to say Naomi couldnt walk. She just staggered and fell. We rushed her to the shelter where we were fostering her from (They all have vet tech degree and such) but on the way she went into death throws, opening her mouth and streching her legs out all the way and extending her claws. She was already dying. When we got there she was already almost dead, so they quickly put her down. It was some sort of birth defect, somthing didnt develope right or somthing like that. We took her to the vet, but that was form worms and not eating, so its not somthing vets can just see.

Poor little Naynay. The night before the morning she died she finally played, batting the straps on my pants. It was the first time we ever saw her play, and the last.

Buster, 11 weeks
Old 07-08-2005, 01:22 AM
Rusty but Trusty

well our kitten wasn't that bad then. She just meowed constantly when ever we left the apartment (and we weren't suppose to have animals to begin with so we were scared someone would report us). It was funny because we had her in that apartment (and later the kitten we adopted) for almost 2 years and then we finally moved out and noone ever reported us. She sat in the front window, facing the parking lot EVERYDAY and I'm guessing noone ever noticed her. Ofcourse it helped we were on the third floor though.

Old 07-08-2005, 03:54 PM
I love my dog Neko

that what mine does he meow if he not with you. but if you pick he up and put him on your lab he will stop meowing and sleep
Old 07-09-2005, 03:28 AM
Rusty but Trusty

he'll grow out of it, in time. He's probably just really freaked out. Ours stopped doing that within like a month or a month and a half. Has he been to the vet yet?

Old 08-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Top Dog

i found a kitten 2 days ago ( see pics) , and the meowing stops when i put him on my chest, under my shirt to keep him nice and warm