Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-08-2005, 02:27 PM
yuckaduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
Nope, no specific dog parks but most parks around here are "nature" parks and dogs are allowed off leash as long as they are controlled by their owners. We don't have very many problems with dogs around here so we still have lots of privlidges!
Back to original post I would have been very very angry. I actually had a dog when Yuck was young come over and cock his leg on Yuck. He actually peed on my dog and the owner said no he didn't. I reported the off leash to the by law officer and he was fined $80.00. Now that was justice because the next time he saw me he yelled he knew it was me who called, the dog was on a leash. Man I was irrate, so mad I think if I could have I would have kicked the owner, not the dog it was not his fault.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:27 PM
GSDGurl

That is nice to hear.We also have a muzzle night so the rough dogs can still use the dog park.I make sure not to go that night as my little min pin Rosco was almost eaten by a Rottie just after I got him.So I am careful on other dogs body language while there some people dont watch the dogs just let em do whatever they please so I supervise.I dont want my dogs hurt so I am extra careful.Thanks Lisa.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:30 PM
h2304

It a good thing you reported it instead of letting it escalate. If you were a lesser person you might have hurt there dog. Becuz in Alabama People shoot dogs for stuff like that.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:34 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2304
Do you swim in the Great Lakes Adrienne?
The greatest fresh water lake in the world, Lake Superior, possibly second only to the one in Russia, Lake Victoria.

Old 08-08-2005, 02:36 PM
Top Dog

Sorry Adrienne! That's horrible. And, it's hard to really wash out dog pee, no matter how many times, I swear they still smell it there! What a shame.

Old 08-08-2005, 02:45 PM
Show Dog

These sort of people shouldn't even be allowed to have Dogs. If the owner had trained her Dog properly, her Dog would never have peed on anythng in the first place. This is one thing I want to get right from the start. I want to train my Dog only to go toilie on my command, which will be before I take it places.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:47 PM
Top Dog

whoa.......good luck with that
Old 08-08-2005, 02:49 PM
Show Dog

Yeah, easier said than done I guess. But I've read it's possible to a certain degree. Of course I won't be able to control the Dog's need to relieve itself, but I'd like to have some sort of control.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:58 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2304
It a good thing you reported it instead of letting it escalate. If you were a lesser person you might have hurt there dog. Becuz in Alabama People shoot dogs for stuff like that.
umm i don't think so!

hey that's bad your stuff got "piddled" on. i would have been too flabergasted to anything at first but when they came back by I would have said something like do you mind keeping your dog on a leash so it doesn't mark it's territory on mine and my kids stuff!
Old 08-09-2005, 02:26 PM
Super-Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
Being a nonconfrontatioanl kind of person...
I am not saying this to be mean, really I am not. But why would another person take time to care if you are not willing to say something, especially in a situation like this. Some people are rude, this is a fact of life. Rude people bother you less when you are willing to stand up for yourself. You know what I mean? If the dog was being poorly behaved, well there is nothing you cna do about that. If the owner is an ***hole, there is nothing very legal you can do about THAT. But whe nsaid owners dog takes a leak on my gear, well THEN it is time to "fight". At the very least she would have gotten an earful about "common curtesey". (SP)
Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.