Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 07-15-2008, 09:17 AM
CASSA

No sorry im not, I spent 3 hrs on the tel yesterday and these con artists i found had great sales pitches and to the novice dog owner they sound like experts.

Most dogs for sale in adds are bred for money not for temperanent working ability of health - Thus BUYERS Beware.
If you see a add that reas Champion Mr Smith OFA Good TT bred to same - select pups available for application. HELL apply.

If you find one add like that it will be one in a thousand.

When the tides TURNS and most are good breeders with a few bad.
Then I will change my mind.

And I told you one day who knows I may need to take a add out.
And I will still tell all DONT buy from newspapers.
Because I have enough confidence in myself knowing add or not I will always have sales.
And I dont care what others think of me cause I only do what is best for my breeding.

IF one is confident in thier decesions and abilities one does NOT care what others think.

Odds are that the chance of higher chance of finding a great dog is simply PROVEN not be a Newspaper.
Want to gamble go to the SHELTER save a LIFE that came from backyard breeders, dont put cash in the pocket of a bad breeder.

And if u hear that someone got a great dog from a newspaper add by golly go directly to that breeder BYPASS the newspaper process.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
[B[/B].
Old 07-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Top Dog

I'm sorry my one little comment derailed this entire thread, but perhaps the conversation could move over to the other topic that is actually about newspaper ads? I'm not usually one to care if a thread of mine gets off-track, but this has been a gut-wretching situation for everyone involved, and right now I personally couldn't care less if this year's Westminster BIS came from a newpaper ad and also saved a dying kitten on his way to the NY. But I'm stuck reading this argument just in case something related to my question comes up.

Thanks to those who had ideas for my original question. As I said, I have no idea how my friend will choose to approach the problem once she is ready to deal with it. It sounds from her research that people involved with the breed rescue are already trying to do something about this breeder.

Old 07-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Since 1950

Not much you can do. There is a gsp breeder who has had some aggressive dogs, nothing can stop them from breeding.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Sled Dog Guardian

In response to the original "Bad Breeders - What can you do?" question/topic...

If they have a website, go to http://www.whois.net to get their offline information, if you don't already have it.

If they have a website, contact the agency which hosts/provides the domain name and report the unethical breeder - there's a good chance you could get their website pulled.

Using the information you already have, or the information gained from the previously mentioned website...
- Contact the Better Business Bureau in their area to report them.

- Report them to their local SPCA/HSUS or other cruelty investigation organization.

- Contact their kennel club of choice and report them.

- Contact the National Breed Club (whether or not they are members) and report them.

- Search out and organize with other puppy buyers who have had difficult/negative experiences with said breeder and work on a lawsuit or other common goal.

- Write editorial letters to their local newspaper (or any other major newspaper) or even attempt to have a full story done.

- If you have their home number, call them with your questions and concerns (repeatedly until you start getting answers or they start owning up to what they've done).

- If you have veterinary bills that are the result of their unethical breeding, start forwarding them to the breeder.

- Contact a lawyer and really start to take action.

Member of Dogs Deserve Better & In Defense of Animals & The Humane Society of the United States.
Volunteer for the Sled Dog Action Coalition.
Think the sled dog racing industry is humane? Think again!
Sled Dog Issues - Working Toward a Better Tomorrow.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited by lakotasong; 07-19-2008 at 12:19 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-19-2008, 09:21 PM
Felurian

Anyone who decides to follow the advice of that last post needs to be damnsure that they're armed with more than their own opinion.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-19-2008, 09:32 PM
CASSA

Ditto and be prepared for these people to HUNT you like a DOG online and maybe in person -- If they find out you helped close them down they may just decide to cross the line of criminal behavior..
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
[B[/B].