Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2008, 07:04 AM
Puppy Dog

You might have to take him out more often, some pups mature more quickly than others.
And if he is going on a rug, you might have to throw away that rug, as rugs cannot be completely de-odorized.
We tossed out our living room rug and are using the bare oak floors until next winter. Then we will get a new rug.
With time, he will be OK. Dogs usually make mistakes until they are at least 6 months. Especially if they are tired.
Here is an example, 3 weeks ago, our Lilly who is 10 months old had been swimming and playing all day long with us, and about 9 pm we were sitting on the sofa watching a ball game on TV, and Lilly was on my lap.
She let go! She was so tired that she didnt wake up until she had peed all over my lap and the sofa. The sofa is old,,,,,my husband and I were laughing so hard that poor Lilly didnt know what we were laughing at.
And our 9 year old grandson did the same thing, he was overtired from swimming all day too.
So as you see, it will happen now and then with both kids and dogs.
So dont get discouraged, its just what youngsters do.
Jane