Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-08-2005, 08:32 AM
Top Dog

Does she have a boss? I would report her right away. She obviously has no clue how to handle a dog.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:49 PM
Don't encourage me..

I'd be out of that door before you could say obedience!! I wouldn't go back either! If she'd of hurt Gus I think I would have trouble restraining myself!!
I would demand a refund and not go back!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 08-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Top Dog

Problem about not going back, is that's the same location I take agility (not the same teacher) and I know all the teacher's are good friends, and I LOVE the agility classes. The instructors are top notch. I am more than likely going to finish up Obedience 101 there (only 3 more weeks!), and take more advanced obedience from some place else. It is a shame, though. Not to mention I'll probably feel sheepish going to next week's class.

Old 08-08-2005, 05:13 PM
Don't encourage me..

That does make it a bit awkward! Poor Dante though, getting a bad rep when it's not his fault at all!!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 08-08-2005, 05:32 PM
Rusty but Trusty

did you actually see Dante bite her? He may not have even bitten the instructor at all.

Old 08-08-2005, 05:35 PM
Top Dog

Yeah it's what I was wondering too...
Old 08-08-2005, 05:50 PM
Top Dog

First of all, she knows SHE did something wrong because she said it wasn't his fault. That means the fault lies in her hands. I can't believe a dog trainer wouldn't notice pre-bite signs. When I worked at the vet clinic I could always tell that a dog was about to bite - their body posture changes, they become tense, the look in their eyes etc. She would have noticed something. My guess is that for whatever the reason she doesn't like your dog and refused to stop despite his warning signs so she could "create" a reason to not like him. What is this nonsense like "you better nip this in the bud before he becomes aggressive" stuff when she said herself that it was not his fault and that she was invading his space. And the nip it in the bud part...what trainer says that without giving ideas or how to info to the student...she's the teacher!!!! I would continue to stay positive and not doubt or distrust your pooch just yet. Continue to train in agility and keep him as socialized as possible. Trust your gut on this one...intuition is there for a reason.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:02 PM
Top Dog

From everything I have ever read about Dante (which is a lot since we share so many forums!) he sounds like a sweet, intelliegent love. She must have seriously offened him to put him in a position where he felt the need to bite, most likely due to pain. I hope that everything goes smoothly for you at the last few classes and that Dante's past performances in agility and class will outweigh any "rumors" that may start.

Old 08-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Top Dog

He IS very affectionate, so confusing for me. And I looked at her hand afterwards, and saw nothing, not even pinch marks or redness. I didn't hear any growling other than his yelps, and didn't see any snapping of him at all other than him watching her, but I wasn't right next to him, so didn't see.