Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 06-14-2005, 03:15 PM
Top Dog

I LOVE FRENCHIES........they are the best!! I have pugs and frenchies have always been on my favorite list. Anything with a smooshed face is welcome in my home Don't let the health problems hold you back if it is truly a breed you adore. All breeds have their problems, just choose a good breeder!!! Pugs have an even more smooshed in face then frenchies and they do fine under todays general anethesia....just make sure you trust your vet and you will have a blast with a frenchie. Pugs are a possibility too...right
Old 06-14-2005, 09:05 PM
BlackDog

Well, I have a papillon now and if it weren't for the barking I'd have another in the future. But in the future I'll be living in a apartment and I don't want to risk getting a dog kicked out.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:33 PM
Top Dog

I can highly recommend a Frenchie - of course I am a bit biased though! They do have issues but with supervision and common sense I'm sure you would do well with one. You have to be very watchful of them in the heat as they can die from heatstroke, and in the heat of summer it is wise to walk them in the early morning or late evening. Mine loves long walks in the forest where there is plenty of shade and shallow streams to spash around in, but she is equally happy cuddling up on the sofa and being a bit of a couch potato. She hardly ever barks, was a piece of cake to housetrain and is friendly with everybody we meet, as well as with every dog. If you don't mind sharing your bed with a very loud snorer, then perhaps you should consider one!!!