Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 05-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Let it be

I wouldn't encourage the herding of ducks either unless you want her as an adult stalking them. I made that mistake with Spanky. Still every now and again he nearly takes me up the tree with him after squirrels.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Active Pup

Ok, so last night she went the whole night without waking me up. I figured it would go on for a while, but to my surprise she didnt wake me until this morning. Hrm.. Could it be that she was just getting used to her surroundings? Or could she really have learned to hold it that long as quickly as it seems..

Layla

Old 05-29-2008, 02:40 PM
Active Pup

I've heard rumors that some area dog clubs are getting ready to take out ads telling of the cruel training techniques that go on at Richling K9, Indian Point K9, and Liberty K9 in the papers in Louisville, Lexington, Cincinnati, Owensboro, and Evansville. There are a lot of concerns out there and a big push to put cruel trainers out of business.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Who, Me?

Be patient, the nipping will go away after some time of training. We rescued our puppy and she was probably taken from her mother too early and not super socialized. She was a nipper and it took about 2 months to get her trained not to nip. She is amazing now and as soon as she touchs flesh, she stops. I never thought the day would come but it has.

Please ignore a lot of the attacks for getting your puppy at a pet store. The one thing about this site is that sometimes people get a little too carried away about issues.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I don't believe anyone was attacking her
Old 05-29-2008, 04:06 PM
Queen of the Jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsaBarbosa View Post
Please ignore a lot of the attacks for getting your puppy at a pet store. The one thing about this site is that sometimes people get a little too carried away about issues.
I don't think anyone was attacking her, and I don't think its unreasonable or "carried away" to let people know about puppy mills, and where pet store dogs come from.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maple View Post
I don't think anyone was attacking her, and I don't think its unreasonable or "carried away" to let people know about puppy mills, and where pet store dogs come from.

Absolutely agreed 100%

Thanks Maple
Old 05-30-2008, 08:36 AM
Who, Me?

But I think it is unreasonable to lecture about getting a puppy at a puppy mill when she is asking about training her puppy. She already got the puppy so that is a mute point. We should be happy that the puppy went to a good home and will be trained instead of ending up at the pound. I think all the info would have been very beneficial if she was asking about getting the puppy at a puppy store. The thread topic when from helping her train her dog to why we shouldn't buy dogs at a pet store.

I completely agree about not buying puppy's at pet stores. I will not purchase let alone go into a store that is selling puppies. Our friends got a dog from PetLand and it is completely nuts. We gave him the nickname "Kujo".