Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 08-02-2005, 10:05 AM
I love my dog Neko

thank you very much. I don't care about the drooling because my dog drool after drinking water.

"You will turn into what you really are deep deep down in your heart."
"I'm bologna deep down in my heart.'
"yes yes you are"
"That just dumb."
"Dumb like a moose Dib. Dumb like a moose." From Inviter Zim

"I'm nether man nor beast. I feel nothing." for wolf's rain Darcia's
Old 08-02-2005, 12:43 PM
Active Pup

Here is my saint. His name is Luke, short for Cadirrac's Jean Luc Bernard

He is 6 months old and weighed in last night at 104 lbs, He is with out a doubt the most wonderful and loving dog we have ever owned. Absolutely the best temperament I have ever seen in a dog. Extremely friendly to people and other dogs. Not an outdoor dog in my part of the country. They just cant take the heat. He knows when the ac is set above 70 and whines when cool air is not coming out of the floor vents. At this age they do not need nor is it advisable to give them much exercise. He is growing at a phenomenal rate. He sleeps 18 to 20 hours a day. Boy do they drool After drinking he leaves a trail of water through the house. The coat under their muzzle holds a ton of water that he likes to deposit on tables, sofas and your lap. At 104 lbs he can an does rearrange furniture to suit him. If you get one , I can not stress how important it is to train him and socialize him. If you leave the house with him , he will be the center of attention. It is very important that he be socialized. We trained Luke heavily at first but have slacked off lately and he is starting to ignore commands. Its time to hit the training hard again.

The weight chart I have shows them topping out at 180 lbs at 3 years. But Lukes father was 205Lbs. Luke is a rough coat, but his father was smooth coat. If you dont plan on showing him , please consider one from a rescue, far too many people went out and bought them after those movies, and people just dont understand what it take to live with such a giant animal. The rescues are over crowed with pets whose only fault is their size.

Last edited by Ack; 08-02-2005 at 12:57 PM.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:51 PM
Top Dog

Oh my goodness, he is so cute! And that name is great.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:06 PM
Top Dog

Love that mug !!!!! A lot of people thought Bubba had SB in him !!! Love those big heads !!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 08-02-2005, 05:41 PM
stirder

wow, gorgeous dog. I am partial though, even though I've never had one I have loved them since I was about 3 years old. mom and dad talk about how I used to pretend to be one when I was 3 or 4. and as scary as cujo was to a 8 year old, I wanted to give the slobbery beast a big hug. I was actually never scared of the dog, I was scared because the characters were scared but kept asking my parents and older brother when the monster was going to show up in the movie? they just laughed. someday I will have to get one.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:06 PM
Active Pup

I also have a St.. Max he is 3 months old weighing about 45 lbs now, I think he is the best puppy I have ever seen!!!! yes he sleeps ALOT, sheads ALOT! drolls only when I am eating somthing real good, or after drinking.. he is a joy to have around!

My daughter was playing a doggie in that pic.. with makers LOL LOL
Old 08-03-2005, 02:00 AM
Taco Dog

I will have to show this thread to my mother. She has always talked about wanting one and I think this will really get her into them. I have never researched the breed, but it sounds so great. My mom isn't really into buying from breeders, so I know she would more than likely rescue one. Which is great by me!

"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast." Proverbs 12:10

http://www.petfinder.com