Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 08-01-2005, 08:45 AM
Top Dog

Just be careful when fattening him up you need to do it gradually, i would say not to feed more than two eggs a week and Introduce them to his diet slowly, how old is your dog? a puppy can not digest egg whites so only the yolks for them. there are a lot of thing that contribute to a skinny dog, what are you feeding, let us know if there are any parasites, and how things are going
Old 08-01-2005, 04:28 PM
Quigleyfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by stirder
I feed a raw egg 3 times a week with striders food, cod oil every meal, and give him vitamin e gell tablets. I just poke them with a knife and squeeze the vitamin e juice/liquid onto the food
would that be cod liver oil? if you are feeding a commercial food, that's actually not a good idea, due to the high content of vitamin A and D in cod liver oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallien Jacks
[...] a puppy can not digest egg whites so only the yolks for them.[...]
actually that is incorrect. egg white is made up of the most complete, digestible protein you can feed, and puppies can digest it just fine. egg white protein powder is one of the greastest things you can feed weak and sick dogs, because it's almost completely digestible and the body doesn't have to work hard to assimilate it.

the yolk is mostly fat.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 08-01-2005, 06:34 PM
stirder

actually no. I almost didnt get it because thats what I thought it was. but then I realized the cans next to it said "cod liver oil" this just says cod oil. Im out right now and dont have a can, I'll try to remember to list the ingredients and company name when I get the next can. it isnt from the liver, shoot I dont remember but I think it said it is from the fat and skin. it has almost no vitamin A, and only slightly more D than A. and he only gets about a teaspoon at each meal.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:11 PM
Quigleyfied

that sounds okay then.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!