Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 05-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Squishy face

I joined the Pet-Law email list and I sent some info around to my friends. Pet owners truly are at war, aren't we?

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 05-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedyreRottweilers View Post
not a bad idea, but you better set someone up to go your bail beforehand.

Yea...it was very tongue-in-cheek and as a disclaimer, I would not actually suggest spending any time with the ADL...those people are the extremists - bombs, fires, etc.

HSUS scares me more than ADL.

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 05-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet72947 View Post
Pet owners truly are at war, aren't we?
Yes..

sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 05-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Squishy face

I just thought of something. Shouldn't we be trying to get some of the big names on board with us, like Petsmart, Petco, etc? I mean our pets are their business, if there are no pets they aren't getting any money, so they should care about this too...

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 05-08-2008, 03:11 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedyreRottweilers View Post
Thursday, May 08 2008 @ 12:23 PM CDT

* Law Enforcement/ Government Officials Are Not Welcome/Implementing
Security Culture:

We understand this is a hard one to enforce, but felt it necessary to
point out that we want to do everything we can to implement security
culture at this event. As such, no police officers, FBI agents or any
other such government official is welcome at the event. Please note
however, that this is nearly impossible to enforce and with the
scrutiny placed on the animal rights movement by the government, they are almost certain to be there. Keep this in mind and remember that loose lips
sink ships.
I don't know about you all . . . but more than their goals, their rhetoric, or their meeting, this scares the living hell out of me.

This is all but an open statement that they fully intend to use illegal or violent means. Not that that would be a new thing for this movement, but this is frighteningly bold.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 05-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

True that.

I almost wish I could go, just to see what the hell they are going to talk about...
Old 05-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Quote:
I just thought of something. Shouldn't we be trying to get some of the big names on board with us, like Petsmart, Petco, etc? I mean our pets are their business, if there are no pets they aren't getting any money, so they should care about this too...
Unfortunatley, they are quaking in their collective boots. AR people are all but stalking them, and like many animal affliated corporations, whose main purpose is to avoid getting sued, they roll over half the time.

I've been saying for years that dog owners have to unite behind a single banner, and that banner has to be the AKC, which means the AKC needs to get off its collective butt and start standing up for all dog owners . . purebred, mixed or mutt, show, sport or pet, breeder, trainer or owner. It also means that the AKC needs to clean house, big time. But only the AKC has the combination of name recognition, poltical heft, and dedicated purpose to provide a united front . . .

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 05-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Quote:
Yes...but...it's not so easy. The ARists have better organization and more money. We are all too busy doing things with our animals to develop an organized, collective fight. It hasn't been easy to get the AKC more actively involved.

Companies like petsmart and petco might be a good source for funding for AW/anti-AR efforts, but politically they won't have as much influence as something like the AKC.

But yes, we need support from any place we can get it. One of our best allies is the NRA. They have money, they have experienced lobbyists, and many members have dogs.

sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
Old 05-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Squishy face

I can't beleive that Petsmart, the top dog in the animal business according to Hoovers.com would just LET this happen. Do they even realize that it would be the END of their business? Petsmart CEO Phillip Francis Makes over $800,000 a year and gets a $960,000 bonus (also found on Hoovers.com). I don't think he'd want to give that up...

Old 05-08-2008, 03:29 PM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Quote:
I can't beleive that Petsmart, the top dog in the animal business according to Hoovers.com would just LET this happen. Do they even realize that it would be the END of their business? Petsmart CEO Phillip Francis Makes over $800,000 a year and gets a $960,000 bonus (also found on Hoovers.com). I don't think he'd want to give that up...
Anything stopping ya from writing him a letter?

sleep!!!
My dog Votes!