Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 05-05-2008, 07:15 AM
Just try me..

Dekka and crew often will get little tidbits of Mc Donalds stuff. And no one could EVER accuse any of my dogs as being fat . As Boston said if its occasional then its fine. Its all about balance. The odd junky treat (as long as its not got chocolate, raisins, onions etc etc) is not going to hurt. If its an every day occurrence then you have an issue.

I like orijen too. But am feeding raw.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:18 AM
Puppy Dog

ok, so some table scraps are OK. Now anyone have any input on how I can make sure the 3 guys (yes I live with my b/f and his two friends, oh the joys! lol) I live with dont feed him all the time? Or should I just not tell them they can give him table scraps and leave the giving him scraps up to me?

And I found a place that sells Orijen really close to me, so I think when this bag of food is almost gone I will go and pick up a bag of it.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Big Dog

Ashelee - make sure you're also looking out for your dogs dental health. Depending what a dog eats, their oral hygiene can be affected. You should try Bright Bites for your dog to maintain teeth cleanliness and breath freshness in between dentist trips.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:20 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
Oh, no. Never feed your dog McDonalds. It will make them fat and ugly. I would never give my dog such a terrible food.
ROFL! I love that picture of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihartgonzo View Post
Blue Buffalo is definitely a good kibble. It is VERY expensive, even for the quality, though... and there are better foods out there that aren't going to cost as much. Linds already listed them. : )
I'm almost positive when I looked on a Blue Buffalo label it had wheat gluten. I'm probably mixing it up with another food, though.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:21 PM
and Fozzie B!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
I'm almost positive when I looked on a Blue Buffalo label it had wheat gluten. I'm probably mixing it up with another food, though.
How dare you contradict me, Nolu! D:< Lawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken & Brown Rice Formula
Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Whole Ground Brown Rice, Whole Ground Barley, Oatmeal, Rye, Whole Potatoes, Tomato Pomace (natural source of Lycopene), Chicken Fat (preserved with Natural Mixed Tocopherols), Natural Chicken Flavor, Whole Carrots, Whole Sweet Potatoes, Blueberries, Cranberries, Flaxseed, Barley Grass, Dried Parsley, Alfalfa Meal, Kelp Meal
Of course, I wouldn't call it TEH BEST, but it's definitely good quality. Just ridonculously expensive.

What in tarnations are Bright Bites?

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 05-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Bored Now.

Mkay, it was DEFINITELY another brand I was looking at, then.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:29 PM
Puppy Dog

ya, I take good care of his teeth. I brush his teeth every other day. Can't give him greenies or anything like that, he chews on them for a little while and then I guess gets bored with them?, and tries to swallow the whole thing (yes I watch him with it, and never leave things for him while I can not physically watch him, but still).
Old 05-08-2008, 02:49 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihartgonzo View Post
What in tarnations are Bright Bites?
Brights Bites are these new dental doggy treats. They come in three star shaped sizes to help you keep your dogs breath fresh and fight plaque and tartar - I think they are pretty neat:

www.brightbites.com
Old 05-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Top Dog

Excellent list Linds!

I can't think of any other brands worth mentioning...