Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 08-01-2005, 10:58 AM
Happy

With that list, I think I'd go to a shelter and tell them I needed a small, young dog with short hair who loves kids. Beagles and spaniel mixes seem like the most likely breeds/types.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:00 PM
orange iguanas.

Yeah, I would love a shelter dog...I do look at websites of shelters around here just to see what they have, but it seems like most of the dogs are labs or lab mixes, or some other breed of dog just as big. And when they do have small dogs, they get adopted rather quickly...

The Aussie seems like it would work really well with us, if I can get my mom past the long hair. I'm sure once she were to fall in love with it the hair wouldn't be a big deal.

Once again, thank you so, so much.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 08-01-2005, 04:10 PM
GSDGurl

I have a young toddler and often babysit a 1 and a half year old too.I have a min pin who is wonderful with all kids even mean kids he just runs and hides till they stop pulling tails.They dont shed much and come in a few colors.Hes also great with other dogs too as I also have a German Sheperd.I hope you find something you both agree on.Good luck.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Top Dog

There are smaller dogs in shelters too. Check www.petfinder.com, you would be surprised!
Old 08-01-2005, 05:30 PM
stirder

quite a few. around here puppies get adopted in the blink of an eye. dont know where you live or I would check pet finder for you. here we have a bunch of terrier mixes, beagle mixes, etc. all the time. honestly I know for a fact most of them in our 2 shelters are byb and puppy mill pups.