Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-29-2004, 07:46 PM
Felurian

Debi, that is so funny about Hammie. When Buffy was still with us, Bimmer had to roust her out of bed every morning. She slept in the room with Charley's Mom, who was in her mid eighties and had Parkinsons, curled up and hanging out of Charley's Mom's recliner. Buffy HATED to get up before 10:00 a.m. or so in the morning, but Bimmer's rarin' to go; cows to check on, groundhogs to hunt, and lots of hard playing to do, so Bimmer would go in and nip at her until she'd open one eye, groggy and grouchy, and aggravate her until she got out of the chair to chase him.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-30-2004, 06:45 AM
Top Dog

King wants to go back to the room where the PC is at 10PM. He gets very upset if I stay out in the kitchen or family room. When I say, "OK, let's go!", and point down the hall, he jumps up on two legs and then gallops down the hall. He gets under the desk, and if I sit so my feet dont touch him, he is asleep in a few minutes at most. If he isn't "set", he leaves and sit's in my chair in the family room until I go to work, or come out, and then he gets all happy again when I go back again on my nights off. On those nights, he sleeps from about 12AM to 7 or so, in my bed, or next to me on the floor.

By 10AM, he's ready to go to bed again, and has a very hard time staying awake after that, unless he's outside. When I go to bed, about 1PM, he's asleep in a few seconds and is more than happy to lie there until after 8PM, if I would stay in bed that long. I never had a dog that sleeps like this before..
Old 10-30-2004, 09:42 AM
Labrador lover!!!!!

Talking

Hi,
Luckygets me up at 5/6 or 7 in the morning and he goes to bed at 10/11 at night!!
Milo doesnt get me up i get him up!!lolHE GOES TO BED WHEN I GO TO BED REALLY!!!!
6 bunnies~fluffy, muffin,bugsy, buttons,twigglets,forsty
2 gerbils~cheese and pickels
2 g.pigs~buzz and dizzy
Old 10-31-2004, 09:47 AM
Big Dog

I usually try to put our Chihuahua to bed by 10 or 10:30. After she plays for awhile, I will take her upstairs where her pen, kennel, and blanket are and say "night-night." She'll curl up on her blanket if she is ready to go to sleep, but if she still wants to play or if she's anxious she will jump up and down, stand on her hind legs and put her front paws on the side of her pen, and just watch the door. If she behaves that way I'll give her some more playtime to get out the energy. I try to follow her cues, like when she's been playing and then she just jumps up on my or my husband's lap and lays there for awhile then we know that she's probably tired.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:07 PM
Active Pup

Dudley loves to immitate me. He jumps into my bed the same time as me, gets under the covers, and then rests his head on the pillow.
Old 11-20-2004, 05:31 PM
My Ginger Bread Cookie

I usually go to bed around 11 p.m and I have to shut my bedroom door, since I don't trust her yet lol. I can see it now the first time I leave the door open she will have all the cotton out of all the furniture. Ahh yes a 3 month old puppy would have alot of fun roaming the house at night. Anyway she always gets under my bed and sleeps, I just hope she realizes that when she gets big, she might have alot of difficulty getting under the bed haha. My other dog Max always slept with me, but this one don't seem to want to yet. Cracks me up though if I put her in bed with me she starts growling and jumps off, she is one moody puppy :P
Old 11-21-2004, 04:13 AM
Top Dog

Toki sleeps whenever I go to sleep but he tries to wake me up at 9 or 10 a.m. IT used to be earlier but I ignored him whenever he tried to wake me up so he just ends up going back to sleep.