Officially brought home bulldozer and Bear update

Bulldozer is now officially here. He's fitting in quite well and Dixie loves having a new friend. He's doing really good with potty training with only 2 accidents so far. Crate training is coming along but it's slow. He whines for the first 10 minutes you put him in there and then he quiets down. I've been putting him in there throughout the day for just a bit at a time and he's doing much better. He's also started learning to come when he's called. Living where I do, I think a solid recall is one of the first things to learn. He's already picking it up.

Bear is doing better. I took his E collar off today for the first time and as soon as I did he started scratching. I took a warm cloth and wiped his entire face with and the really big scabs fell off. He's all healed up on his nose and eyes and I found more bites throughout his face and alot on his ears as well. I put some benadryl on him and he's content and sleeping. I have fire ant bites all over my feet now too so I know exactly how he feels. I found myself an ant hill the other night in the dark and got bit up. I know the benadryl works on me so hopefully it'll make him more comfortable too.

I'll be posting pics of the pup when I get them loaded.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Yay to the removal of the dreaded horrid ecollar.. and YAy to Bulldozer coming home too!

Members online

No members online now.