Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 04-17-2008, 07:03 AM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybeth727 View Post
Just curious - have you tried this???
I take her out at 4:20 because that's about when she fusses to go out. There have been times when she didn't fuss until 4:30 or 4:45 and I took her out then. But, even so, after I put her back she lays down and then by 5:15 she is back up and whining loudly to be out for the day.

Last night I had planned to get her up to go out at 4 (was going to try the set and alarm and gradually move it back trick). So, of course she woke up to go out at 2:30 instead. That made 4 seem silly so I didn't wake her at 4 and then, of course, by 5:15 she was up for the day. Once I'm good and up, around 7:00, she goes back to sleep of course!
Old 04-23-2008, 05:21 AM
Big Dog

Well, it's several days later, so I thought maybe an update was in order. I've been setting an alarm to take her out each night at 4:00 (moved it to 4:10 after 3 nights). We do that and she goes right back to sleep. The first 2 nights she slept until after 6 and I thought we were onto something. But, now she is back to being up at 5:10 ready to start the day (and then goes back to sleep after I'm fully up around 6:30 for her nap). Yawn. I suppose eventually she will stop getting up at 5 in the morning. I may die of sleep deprivation before then