Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 07-29-2005, 06:54 PM
a.k.a: agilitydobemom

My dog Rocky is out of a blue ***** and his sire is a producer of all four recognized AKC colors Rocky is also the litter mate of reds, blues, and fawns (isabellas) there were two blue pups one red one fawn and four black pups in his litter (weird huh?) he has no WZ in the front of his registration papers so he is not a carrier of the white gene and he would be if the fawn (isabella) statement that was made earlier in this thread was true

He sends the special ones to us when we are least expecting them
Old 07-29-2005, 06:59 PM
Top Dog

Well, I wouldn't even bother arguing whether that statement is true or not. Of course it's not. There's not point to arguing something that is fact, only when something is a matter of opinion, is it worth discussing or arguing. Facts can be proven. And then that's the end of the argument. LOL
Old 07-29-2005, 09:28 PM
Top Dog

It's not an albino, it would have pink eyes and be really white, not faded out like the dog above. It's an extreme version of what my dog Molly has, "faded black" syndrome. My dog is grey and white, with greenish eyes. She has major allergy problems, like a lot of them do.

I saw a white doberman at the vet's about 20 years ago, it seemed healthy and lived to 13 or so, not too bad. A friend's mom had a white Boxer for years, it was a great dog. Nothing wrong with it at all.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:58 PM
a.k.a: agilitydobemom

The facts have been stated

They are photo-sensitive, hyperactive fear biters, who are prone to solar skin damage

A "white" or albanistic Doberman has a genetic fault that masks the epression of the four normal colors. It is a recessive gene which greatly reduces the number of pigment granules in the hair, skin, and eyes. This tyrosinase gene mutation leads to the production of a tyrosinase enzyme that has a low range of activity. This gives the appreance of a light cream base coat with dead white markings. They always have translucent blue eyes with pink noses, eye rims, and foot pads. This is called TYROSINASE POSITIVE ALBINOS.

THEY ARE ALBINOS AND THEY ARE A THREAT TO THE BREED THEY ARE NOT HEALTHY AND SHOULD NOT BE BRED FOR PURPOSLY

For more info on albanism

http://www.cbc.umn.edu/iac/facts.htm

He sends the special ones to us when we are least expecting them
Old 07-30-2005, 10:37 AM
Top Dog

Yes, and not only do they have health problems directly due to the albinism, but way back when...some breeder or breeders (irreputable ones, of course) bred dogs which happened to have a high incidence of other genetic health problems because of course, they don't give a rip about doing the proper genetic screening before breeding. So, there is a much, much higher incidence of all the same crap that Dobes have a tendency toward anyhow. They also bred dogs with very, very poor temperaments and it just went from there. These dogs should not be perpetuated.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:37 AM
Manchesters

Default Sadly........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv
Yes, and not only do they have health problems directly due to the albinism, but way back when...some breeder or breeders (irreputable ones, of course) bred dogs which happened to have a high incidence of other genetic health problems because of course, they don't give a rip about doing the proper genetic screening before breeding. So, there is a much, much higher incidence of all the same crap that Dobes have a tendency toward anyhow. They also bred dogs with very, very poor temperaments and it just went from there. These dogs should not be perpetuated.
One of the dogs in Sheba's background was a Ch. Demetrius daughter, bred and owned by Barbara Morrison. The name was Singenwald's something or other. George and Barbara were heartbroken when they found out their dog appeared in this despicible pedigree. (I have my spell check still off, so forgive any ratty spellings!)