another camera question

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I am trying to learn and decide about what kind of camera I want to get--I have just had point and shoot--which has been ok for me. But I look at all the pics people are able to take with a DSLR and wonder how difficult it would be to learn/switch. Anyway---was looking and found this Kodak p&s

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=9/11920/131/12454&pq-locale=en_US

just curious for you camera knowledge people to help me understand how different something like this would be compared to the NikonD40x. Help anyone? This is unchartered territory for me! :p

LauraLeigh

I find the newer DSLR's are very user friendly, I am a Canon gal, unlike 99% of the forum:lol-sign: So I cannot really comment on any others, only Canon, however I would not hestitate to buy a Canon DSLR, if you are looking for ease of use with the ability to take some nice shots!! The modela nd lens choices really come down to budget.

I also have a Canon P&S SD900, many of the inside, quick shots I post here are from that, it is smaller and easier for fast, functional pictures.

ACooper

Well you know 99% of the forum says Nikon DSLR :p

That's what I have, Jess, RD, Zoom, and I can't even name all the others! LOL

I barely have experience with the Nikon, no help here with the Pentax.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I can't say anything about the Pentax, other than my mother has a very old 35mm film one. :p

The cool thing with the D40's is that you can start off like an expensive P&S with it on Auto setting and then just start playing around with it. You'll quickly figure out what you like to shoot at and what you have to tweak between in and outdoors. It's a great camera to grow with.

S

Squishy22

I find the newer DSLR's are very user friendly, I am a Canon gal, unlike 99% of the forum:lol-sign: So I cannot really comment on any others, only Canon, however I would not hestitate to buy a Canon DSLR, if you are looking for ease of use with the ability to take some nice shots!! The modela nd lens choices really come down to budget.

I also have a Canon P&S SD900, many of the inside, quick shots I post here are from that, it is smaller and easier for fast, functional pictures.
I am one of those rare canon peoples too, although I know nothing about SLR cameras. I have an SD600 and I need to upgrade it, but I love the thing.

Saje

Island dweller
andrew shoots pentax and logs onto his flickr account regularly. the camera you get depends largely on what you want to do and your budget

Members online

No members online now.