Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-29-2005, 05:24 PM
Manchesters

Default Whew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
So I went to the vets and spent $20 on two tiny bottles of skunk Off, then went to Petco and bought a huge bottle of Nature's Miracle for skunks for $10. I used the Nature's Miracle stuff and it worked great. Didn't even need to wash her, just put the stuff straight on and let dry. Awww, no more smell of skunk! Now to figure out where that little bast*** is living so I can make his home not so comfy!
I am really relieved to hear that the smell is gone. And for the dogs too. They don't like smelling like that, and the gyrations they will go thru trying to get it off of them is pitiful.

Wonder how that Nature's Miracle will taste mixed with vodka, roflmbo. Not as good as tomato juice I bet.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:47 PM
Top Dog

LOL Manchester, me thinks you are right! It is so sad to watch them try to get the stink off, poor Neva was pretty tramatized, all though last year she was too and that didn't stop her!

Old 07-29-2005, 05:53 PM
Iggy and Kitty Mom

eww..that happened to my dog when I was little..I have vague memories of my parents pouring can after can of tomato juice over the poor dog. Glad the stink is out!! Also glad there are better products now than there used to be!
Old 07-30-2005, 01:20 AM
Rusty but Trusty

moth balls work very well for skunks. Skunks hate moth balls. If you can find where they are living try dropping moths ball in and around the hole.

Old 07-30-2005, 08:04 AM
Felurian

Just make sure none of your pets can get to the mothballs! They are deadly.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian