Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Dog Sites and Pet Sites

Old 02-24-2008, 03:53 PM
Are you dead yet?

I actually ordered from LDS and never recieved my package because they shipped it to the wrong address, and wanted me to pay to ship it to the right one... I'm disappointed because I LOVE the look of their products but I can't support a business with such poor customer service.

I really love Paco collars, I had my hands on a few a couple days ago and they're by far some of the nicest leather collars I've ever seen. I don't care about the price anymore, Eve's next collar is coming from them.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:31 PM
Lord Cynical

OUCH, that sucks RD. Ginna and Hunter's parents ordered something from LDS, and it took them months to get their stuff. I may not be remembering correctly, but I think she said that a family member had died tragically. But again, I may be mis-remembering.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 02-24-2008, 04:38 PM
Are you dead yet?

Honestly it wasn't that which made me cancel the order, it was the fact that I was treated very poorly when I spoke to her about it. She called me "obtuse" (and just about every other word under the sun that's synonymous with stupid) for not wishing to pay for their mistake in the shipping address (I'm in Arizona, they sent the package to a PO box in Montana) and.. I dunno, I guess I just can't tolerate being treated like scum when I'm the one handing over my money. Other people I know have ordered from them with no problem whatsoever though, which kinda ticks me off because I really wanted that stuff.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:40 PM
BSL Can Be Beaten

Thanks for the link to Master's Pride; those were amazing and by the price can I tell you happy I am to make my own.

I love looking at the other collar sites to get ideas for what to make.

Master's Pride is one of the few ones that has nice ideas for thinner collars - Kim can't wear anything wide; she looks ridiculous.

I love the San Revo site; 3 of the 2 agitation harnesses I'm doing are going to be done in his style; amazing; usually I work with inversion.

Jennifer Sider First Dog Off the Porch Custom Collars
Mom to Mitchell, Avalon, Ninja, Jiggs and Misty
Life is forever and everything is just an experience on the road to enlightenment.

Old 02-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberkim View Post
I love LDS but everyone that has ordered from them recently has said the delay has been atrocious - have you ordered recently?

No I haven't ordered from them..I was planning on doing so, but not after hearing that! Thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Naturally Natural

When I ordered (granted it was 2 years ago) I had no problem, but others have had issues - I've only heard of three people, but it is three people.

I will say though, the bullhide leash I bought from them is the softest leash I have ever laid my hands on. It's too nice for me to even use daily, which is saying a lot.

ARCHX Bowie's Semper Fidelis v DRU, VC CDX ASCA-CDX CDX-H RE RL1X RL2X RL3 ATT WAC TT CGC FFX-OG

Beja's Bombs Away v Bowie, CD ASCA-CD CD-H BN RN NA RL1 WAC ATT YTT PTT CGC

Bowie's Here Comes the Boom!

http://otchrah.blogspot.com/
Old 02-25-2008, 08:46 PM
Lord Cynical

Kim, I too love my LDS bullhide leash - it is by far the softest leash I own!

One problem though - it has stretched way too much for me to use on an everyday basis. I only feel safe using it on Ilsa, as she's not a big puller.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 04-10-2008, 07:51 AM
*Biter*

Figured I'd post this here too since it's a sticky:

I've found another awesome site for dog collars and they're made specifically for big and giant dog owners. Everything is tested and is "Giant Dog" safe! A friend of mine is part of the testing department. (Well, her dane is anyways!)

They have Paco collars too, and the prices are awesome.

Here's the site: http://www.karma-charms.com/

If you use this code KCCR183 at checkout, you get 10% off too.

Ditto - 2 year old APBT and Corvus - 7 year old supermutt
Old 04-14-2008, 09:41 AM
Puppy Dog

I have been looking for a nice leather collar for a while...I *love* the Paco Collars ones! Does anyone know if they ship internationally? I have found a UK site that stocks them, but it works out much cheaper to order from the US if possible
Old 04-14-2008, 09:54 AM
*Biter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelicfruitcake View Post
I have been looking for a nice leather collar for a while...I *love* the Paco Collars ones! Does anyone know if they ship internationally? I have found a UK site that stocks them, but it works out much cheaper to order from the US if possible
I'm almost certain that Karma Charms ships internationally...but if you have any doubts, just send them an email or I can ask my friend next time she's online.

Ditto - 2 year old APBT and Corvus - 7 year old supermutt